Extension of Cambelt change - as of 2 August 2023.

busdriver

Two days ago, my eldest son - who drives a diesel VW Cali - advised me that VW UK has fallen into line with Cambelt changes as they apply to VW diesels on the Continent and that the number of years by which a cambelt change is due, no longer applies.

As my 2018 Skoda Superb is due a cambelt change at the 5 year point in November 2023, I decided to call Skoda UK Customer Services - today 2 August 2023 -  and enquire as to whether they had any mileage change akin to the VW UK statement.  After sometime on hold, their agent came back and advised that the 5 year rule has been discarded and my car - identified by the registration number - does not require a belt change until it has completed 140,000miles.  As my car has only run 25,000 miles, this is good news indeed.

Perhaps the more tech savvy guys out there can make this known to ALL Skoda Diesel owners who subscribe to Briskoda.net.  I suggested to the Skoda agent that they should be telling us and not the other way round!

Anyway, for those not aware of this change, I hope this information helps you save a few pounds? 

• Thanks 1

It was the 1st July that posts started on here about the change.

People do need to heck if the change does apply to all the diesels & petrol's with cam belt from all build dates because there are people that work with Dealerships or Customer Services that just repeat what they heard from others.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/515184-vag-cambelt-replacement-interval-change