Radio / Sat Nav problem…

Rob The Dog

Hi everyone,

My 2017 Yeti 150 outdoor’s Sat Nav has been playing up for some time… the screen would freeze in hot conditions which could be sorted by switching off and re booting, but sadly now an area of the navigation touch screen has stopped working when one is entering post codes…..   assuming it cant be fixed Skoda Dealer told me a New One including 2 hrs to fit it would be around £2,000.00 plus the vat I don't doubt. 

Can anyone help me ? Do I have any repair or refurb / 2nd hand options….

ebay have one only but its the wrong part number

My part number is

5L0035680E IZY.       Many thanks.   Rob

Sounds like it could be the digitiser, quite a common problem. I fixed mine in under an hour by following the instructions in this thread. The replacement part cost me about £20 and it wasn’t very difficult, the only complaint would be that the new screen is quite reflective but I could fix that too with some screen-film, if I cared enough. 

• Like 2

Hi, thanks very much…… probably will have a go my self, but found these guys on Youtube… they offer a full diagnostic and repair service for VAG vehicles only… will see what they say

satnav systems KT6 7NL

0808 222 0000

satnavsystems.com

DIY and it will cost around £20-25 - digitizer part available from ebay or aliexpress. 

Video on youtube shows you how to do it & it's really not difficult.

Pay someone else to do it and will cost anywhere between £150-£600+, yes some companies out there are not afraid to pull your pants down on a £25 part & 1 hour's labour.

Thanks for that, the diagnosis is free and as it has an ambient heat issue ( it shuts down if the car interior gets hot when parked in the sun) I will take advantage of their free diagnosis and quote…. Obligation free I can take it home if its too expensive.

regards. Rob