2022 Superb Columbus Navigation Zooming

As far as I'm aware, the only way I can zoom the satnav map in and out is by using finger gestures. However, when I do this it invariably moves the map, displacing the car from the centre. Once displaced, the map stops scrolling as you drive and after a bit the car disappears off the screen. I can either keep dragging the map to pull it back into view, or touch the centering button on the right of the screen, which pulls the car back to the centre of the screen. However, in doing so it changes the zoom level away from what I want. How do I zoom in and out without all this happening?

I can zoom in and out by rotating the right hand knob, but mine is a 2016 model, so yours is probably different as I know the later models had larger screens.

I wish! Mine is the Columbus and has no knob. I had a 2017 Superb in the past and I'm pretty sure I didn't have the problem in that car.

Just press the ´lens’ icon in the right bottom corner of the screen. If already in automatic zoom, it will display a sliding cursor which enables you to adjust the required scale. Then the ´lens’ icon will be replaced by a the selected scale.

If in fixed zoom, press the ´scale´ icon to either adjust the scale with the sliding cursor or get back to ´auto´ zoom.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Just press the ´lens’ icon in the right bottom corner of the screen. If already in automatic zoom, it will display a sliding cursor which enables you to adjust the required scale. Then the ´lens’ icon will be replaced by a the selected scale.

If in fixed zoom, press the ´scale´ icon to either adjust the scale with the sliding cursor or get back to ´auto´ zoom.

Yep, this is what I do.  

Thanks for the responses. I think you're referring the original satnav system, which I had in my previous 2017 Superb. Unfortunately, they have fitted an 'improved' satnav in my 2022 Superb and, predictably, it's worse than the old one in every respect that I've tried. It's very similar to the one I had in a Cupra Formentor, which was also rubbish (although it did have an external zoom control). So unfortunately your suggestions don't work. HOWEVER, after much messing, I've discovered that I can do it by very positively putting my finger and thumb on the screen and pinching / opening them, whilst ensuring they stay in solid contact with the screen. Sounds straightforward, but if not executed very deliberately, you can inadvertently shift the map and throw off its alignment, which was the issue I had.

• Like 2