Map update in zipped format, need to unzip before installing?

I have just downloaded the latest map dates for my car, using the VIN to ensure the correct version. This is a zipped file, does this need to be unzipped before trying to install the new maps, or does the Columbus do that as well as part of the process?

16 minutes ago, coppertop said:

No, they need to be unzipped to Mib1 and Mib2.

Which version will I need? Is this just a folder name that I have to unzip them to, or is it a particular version and if so, how is this done?

11 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

Which version will I need? Is this just a folder name that I have to unzip them to, or is it a particular version and if so, how is this done?

You need the whole lot - just unzip the zip file to the root of a USB stick. Once unzipped you should have one file (metainfo2.txt) and the two mib1/mib2 folders.

I use a 64GB stick formatted to NTFS and the car seems happy with that.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the speedy replues and as I'm typing this, I'm also unzipping the files into a folder ready for installing in the car. I just thought I'd better check the correct way before risking bricking the system. 

Do you mean real POI or ´so called’ POI, which actually are speed camera positions… 😁

For option #2, there´s a thread pinned on the first page… 😉