Air vent noise an issue when driving?

8 hours ago, boardtc said:

Hi, My air vent gives noise when the car is driving and all the air/fan is turned off. Not rattling bit not sure how else to describe. Is this normal?

Does it do it when the vent is closed? Which one is it?

Can you post a clip of the sound?

My vents don't make any abnormal noise.

Cant say I encountered this before. But, to me it does sound like a vibration kind of rattle. Maybe something is loose, and it picks up engine vibrations (especially if it's diesel)? I recently took out of that middle/center air vent for accessing aircon for cleaning, but I dont remember anything inside that could rattle like this..

I would also say it may be something in the air vent that vibrates as the air goes through it, but you said everything is off, so it cannot be that.

• 1 month later...

You'll get a laugh out of this. I left the car it to get a door seal reclipped and mentioned the grill noise. When picking up, your man says to me, the mechanic says you are very religious! I wasn't sure what he was on about and then he showed me what the mechanic found slipped down in the front of the dashboard - they were causing the noise in the grill!!! Careless stuff from one of the last 2 owners. but issue solved!

image.png

Edited by boardtc
  • Haha 3