Door card catching on door rubber

Dale_Stevens

Anyone know why my drivers door card is catching on the door frame rubber, making it difficult to open?

Noticed today that when opening the drivers door of my Yeti it opened slightly then stuck, turns out the inner door card was catching on the door frame rubber. A further tug managed to open it.

Also noticed the door card had popped out slightly, but it clicked back in. Unfortunately it happened again straight after.

All the door rubber feels pressed in correctly, so I'm not sure why it's catching?

IMG_7870.thumb.JPG.1889265539d39d89bdc522f337fc8af9.JPG

Edited by Dale_Stevens

Because it is now sticking out.

It is now swinging on a larger radius, the clearance is very tight.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? is the question!

But it still catches on the rubber after I've press the door card back in. The door then closes fine with the door card back in, but catches on the rubber again when I open it. It seems it the catching on the frame rubber that is popping the door card off. So why is it catching in the first place?

Edited by Dale_Stevens

Dale,

Whilst sitting inside with the door closed, I have at least 5mm clearance between the door trim card & the rubber seal.

Has your door trim card been damaged at all?  Or maybe it needs a little tweak, by pushing the trim card forward with door open.

Ps. Are you sure the inner rubber is fitted correctly?

Edited by Carlodiesel
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carlodiesel said:

Dale,

Whilst sitting inside with the door closed, I have at least 5mm clearance between the door trim card & the rubber seal.

Has your door trim card been damaged at all?  Or maybe it needs a little tweak, by pushing the trim card forward with door open.

Ps. Are you sure the inner rubber is fitted correctly?

I'll give it a proper inspection tomorrow. Really strange that this has suddenly started happening.

• Like 1

I worked the door Frame rubber with my fingers pressing it into the frame, didn't really feel it press inwards but my door now opens & closes perfectly without catching. Maybe it had become dislodge when getting in & out of the car? 

• Haha 1