Volume control not responding

Hey, recently my infotainment started acting weirdly. I can not change the volume. The green indication bar shows up, but doesn't move. Tried on both, steering wheel and on screen.

It happens every time I start the car. Each time I need to restart the infotainment by long pressing power button, and sometimes it crashes on it's own.

I've checked the available updates, something shows up, but when I click update the text dissapears and nothing happens.

There is also a notification about application update, but I guess that's some weather app or something. The update doesn't work as well, getting "Unable to start background system services".

I'm attaching some photos of the system version. Any tips what I could do without visiting the dealer? 

Maybe there is some crucial update and I have to do so?

Regards

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

IMG_2139.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2141.jpeg

IMG_2142.jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

Adding to this - same symptoms as everyone else, reset resolves it for some time. Steering wheel volume control doesn’t work but also the right-hand side doesn’t zoom the map on the digital dash either.

Just adding same for myself, definitely started since the last OTA update. Sometimes pressing mute and rolling the control restores it other times not and it requires a reboot. I've seen me leave it for a bit and try again and it restores after about 15/20 mins of driving.

Skoda Karoq Sportline 2023

Tried with and without Carplay attached as well as different audio sources on at start-up but seems to just randomly occur regardless.

On 05/09/2023 at 21:24, travs said:

Adding to this - same symptoms as everyone else, reset resolves it for some time. Steering wheel volume control doesn’t work but also the right-hand side doesn’t zoom the map on the digital dash either.

Just to cover this off - I'm on software version 306 - have been for best part of a year when all my classic MIB3 woes were sorted. So I don't think this is as simple as just a SW version update - could it be something subsidiary to that...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2023 at 02:04, komoornik said:

You can update software yourself. Newest one is currently 0324.

Some tips:

Just to note this is only on pre-FL cars. For FL - they removed the USB sockets so only method is OTA for later cars. I open my glovebox and see the HDD cover and two little blanking plates underneath

On 12/09/2023 at 14:16, GarySN said:

IMG_3470.jpeg

Different Part no. to @kbudaj- different ending letter; is this different versions of MIB?

Mine seems to have stopped doing this now...maybe an OTA recently has cured some bit of software we don't necessarily see in the Sys Info screen?

8 hours ago, travs said:

Just to note this is only on pre-FL cars. For FL - they removed the USB sockets so only method is OTA for later cars. I open my glovebox and see the HDD cover and two little blanking plates underneath

Mate, this is about a FL car with MIB3. You can update the software via the USB-C port.

Weird. When I had troubles with a previous version before the dealer updated to 304 to allow OTA updates, I could only find that the SD card slots from pre-FL versions were blanked off and you couldn’t update any more. Thank you for correcting.