Changing from 21inch to 19 inch wheels

dblack

@dblack

Are you home or work charging before setting off at a low tariff and then public charging on your trips and are you going to be where there are good charging facilities and maybe cheaper, Ionity with a discount etc.

Tyre size and Brand / Compound is going to be interesting as far as range / efficiency goes and if you are going 'All season'.

?

Are you going to carry a spare wheel?

Edited by toot

Don't know Enyaq, so coming from position of complete ignorance but just saw this post.

If it were me thinking along those lines I'd:

1: ask is it even possible insurance wise?

2: Is it my car or company car - i.e. when it comes time to part / sell it, does it require those original 21" alloys?

3 According to pricelist you can have 19" on a 60. But it specifies either 255/50/21 if the power is under 81kw or 235/55/21 if over 82kw for the rears. That makes me assume an 80 requires a certain tyre size.

You'd have to buy alloys + those 19" tyres.  A very quick look suggests a 19" tyre is approx £70 less so you're looking at what, six double tyre changes before the break even point?  ( with that mileage you're likely onlygoing to be changing two tyres rather than all four ).

There may well be other benefits re: noise and handling and range etc,  - I'm clueless about thatm but if it's just based on economics alone then it doesn't sound like you'd be any better off.

45 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

1: ask is it even possible insurance wise?

It's not only a standard Skoda approved tyre and rim option for the Enyaq, but it doesn't increase the car's performance.

So not only is it not a significant modification, it's not even a modification at all.

If you're worried, check the CoC (Certificate of Conformity) to make sure that the 235/60R18 fitted to an 8Jx18 ET45 rim or 235/55R19 fitted to an 8Jx19 ET45 rim is listed. If it's listed it's not a modification.

Also see inside the fuel filler flap, to see what tyre sizes are listed.

On the Continent, it's very common to fit smaller diameter rims for winter tyres but from sizes that are listed on the CoC.

The Enyaq owner's manual only lists 18" and 19" wheels for use with snow chains. So owners with 20" or 21" wheels won't be able to use snow chains.

Edited by Carlston

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I’m waiting for a new Enyaq iv80. Due to be here Late October. Fitted with 19” wheels. Contact me if you’re interested in an exchange for your 21” wheels. If not , let me know where you are, and I’ll purchase them from you. (If still available. ).  Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just discovered this wheel catalogue which might help you choose, the catalogue numbers are there so should be able to get through parts Dept of your dealer

https://www.skoda-auto.com/_doc/a1a05a53-26b1-4278-9251-515531f22ecb

• Like 1