Swirl flap solenoid pic?

AScoff

I’m missing a pipe after some work!

It’s getting sorted…

can someone drop a pic over showing what connects where please?

I’ve got an ‘in’ pipe at the back, then and ‘out’ pipe coming off the back also… leaving this one at the front! 

F96B7B6F-3515-4D8E-BEF9-804BBB81D87D.jpeg

4 hours ago, AScoff said:

Sorry 2.0 Tsi

CCZA

Yep. That end of the intake manifold, right hand end?  itls blanked of in uk and probably Europe like that from factory.

This is assuming your talking about the large plastic spigot in the photo, not the other one in background? 

A wider angle photo of the whole manifold would be useful for context. 

Looks unfinished I know. If you look inside with a mirror and torch, you'll see it closed and not punched out unless someone has punched it out!! 

Edited by TheClient

30 minutes ago, TheClient said:

Yep. That end of the intake manifold, right hand end?  itls blanked of in uk and probably Europe like that from factory.

This is assuming your talking about the large plastic spigot in the photo, not the other one in background? 

A wider angle photo of the whole manifold would be useful for context. 

Looks unfinished I know. If you look inside with a mirror and torch, you'll see it closed and not punched out unless someone has punched it out!! 

D2683F6C-A309-464D-8C08-CCBD3AB50E33.jpeg

Sorry, no the small bit from the swirl flap solenoid… 

Thanks

the vac pipe coming off the engine, is fixed to the back of the solenoid 

there are 3 ports

it seems the one missing is the one that’s fixed on the rear not the front

bit then there is a ‘spare’ with nothing obvious missing! 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 hours ago, AScoff said:

Thanks

the vac pipe coming off the engine, is fixed to the back of the solenoid 

there are 3 ports

it seems the one missing is the one that’s fixed on the rear not the front

bit then there is a ‘spare’ with nothing obvious missing! 🤷🏻‍♂️

The solenoid has three ports? That doesn't look right according to this parts diagram. Or this photo of the assembled intake manifold (06J133201BH). Is this a replacement manifold with the solenoid supplied on it or was it originally on the car? Is it genuine skoda or vw?  What is the part number on the actual solenoid?

image.png.f0430a383f9e021dfe9d0e0c7284161d.png

037906283C 037906283Cimage.thumb.png.8e5a5429e6579c6ea3608cc317974213.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AScoff said:

Thanks, I'll have a look and post some numbers later 🙌

Sure. I guess you could try to just plug / blank off the extra port if everything else works / fits correctly. Maybe this set up was not for an identical vehicle and there was a pass through vacuum to something else nearby as well (on a different car model).

On 18/09/2023 at 10:54, TheClient said:

Sure. I guess you could try to just plug / blank off the extra port if everything else works / fits correctly. Maybe this set up was not for an identical vehicle and there was a pass through vacuum to something else nearby as well (on a different car model).

Interestingly, I've found this on ebay - listed as a for a Skoda Superb - this is exactly what I have.. so perhaps... its the wroing part for my car!!

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 13.02.33.png

According to the parts listing for ccza, item 2 (missing from portion of list I photograped) is 037 906 283C.

Which the febi equivalent is 177 869 which looks like this - with two ports.

More or less identical except one of the ports will be duplicated - either vacuum in or vacuum out. 

Is this a replacement manifold, i.e. wasn't original to car? 

Screenshot_20230919_135057.thumb.jpg.1d50d61a3219c1bf9475d285111b464d.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheClient said:

According to the parts listing for ccza, item 2 (missing from portion of list I photograped) is 037 906 283C.

Which the febi equivalent is 177 869 which looks like this - with two ports.

More or less identical except one of the ports will be duplicated - either vacuum in or vacuum out. 

Is this a replacement manifold, i.e. wasn't original to car? 

Screenshot_20230919_135057.thumb.jpg.1d50d61a3219c1bf9475d285111b464d.jpg

The manifold was replaced before I got the car 2 1/2 years ago

It was a VW genuine one from the receipt I have

I have had it off and cleaned recently, then off again following a injector failing 2 weeks later! 

I would have noticed this wasnt connected to anything before this work was done! so not sure whats gone on! 

Thanks Guys

My garage were looking into this for me as the assumprion was they had 'lost' a pipe!!

Appreciate the help

1 minute ago, AScoff said:

The manifold was replaced before I got the car 2 1/2 years ago

It was a VW genuine one from the receipt I have

I have had it off and cleaned recently, then off again following a injector failing 2 weeks later! 

I would have noticed this wasnt connected to anything before this work was done! so not sure whats gone on! 

Thanks Guys

My garage were looking into this for me as the assumprion was they had 'lost' a pipe!!

Appreciate the help

Maybe it was just capped off. For the purpose of starting the engine and a short drive, you'll be OK to cap off or tape up the extra port. If something is not connected that needs vacuum, it'll probably complain with a fault code soon enough!