Android Auto ---> Wired to Wireless

i have Fabia Combi 2019 model...with wired Android auto.

The Head unit has built in Bluetooth which connects with my phone. My phone is physically wired to the headunit via USB as well.

With the above setup, Android auto works well. 

To convert the above setup to Wirless AA, I bought a Wireless AA adaptor on Aliexpress ...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005797338636.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef79d2UoDvJv&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

I have now wired the adaptor instead of phone.

This adpator connects with my phone on bluetooth along with bluetooth of my Headunit, but Android Auto doesn't work on the headunit.

Has anyone faced this issue. Seek guidance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have similar issues with my Skoda kodiaq edition 2018 everything works fine with the cable but wireless adapters work only on carplay iPhone but not android auto. I used carlinkit 5.0 with Xiaomi redmi note 9 and Samsung a70 to no avail. Any suggestions please

@wirer Thank you very much for  suggesting remedies, but it doesnot work with the Adaptor. I tried resetting cache and data of the android auto app. Nothing works. I think the new operating system of the Swing infotainment system is the only option to try out.  @varooom seek your help for new OS for Swing .

Hi

I have similar issues with my Skoda kodiaq edition 2018 everything works fine with the cable but wireless adapters work only on carplay iPhone but not android auto. I used carlinkit 5.0 with Xiaomi redmi note 9 and Samsung a70 to no avail. Any suggestions please

Yes I did and all the necessary settings.

I was looking to use a wireless adapter but wasn't going to be paying £50+ for one (e.g. Motorola offering), so the AliExpress item looks like a decent price.

Does it come with a separate usb lead? I've had trouble recently with longer USB leads and Auto and I wondered if the wireless adaptor is maybe using a lead that is longer than 1m? 

Auto never used to be so sensitive to USB leads as recently but I updated the Bolero and my phone at a similar time so I'm not sure what the culprit is. 

I have a Poco (Xiaomi) X3 NFC phone 

I have an AAWireless with a Samsung s21, using it in a 2016 fabia mk3 with Bolero head unit. Initially I did have occasional connection problems (sometimes slow to connect and wouldn't reconnect after a short trip) but since the last update it's been flawless.

On 11/10/2023 at 22:05, rezki said:

Yes I did and all the necessary settings.

Carlinkit 5.0 it works fine with carplay but not android. I tried everything. Maybe my car "Skoda kodiaq edition 2018" does not support it

Carlinkit 5.0 it works fine with carplay but not android. I tried everything. Maybe my car "Skoda kodiaq edition 2018" does not support it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have an 18 plate Karoq, I have tried several "Cheap" ie 50 to 80 ukp wired to wireless adaptors for android auto and found the following.

Wireless android auto needs android 11 or 12 to function correctly. There is no point sideloading a later version than the phone is designed for, its hardware is not up to the processing required.

It is doing a lot more than just sending google maps or waze data to the display.

The adaptors which work correctly use both 5ghz and 2.5ghz Wifi and bluetooth to connect to the phone, they need the bandwidth to move enough data fast enough.

The first one I used which worked acceptably was an Ottocast U2-X, this worked unreliably with my Samsung S9, frequent hangs and serious lag on map audio and controls.

I now have an Ottocast UX-X pro at about 150ukp with Samsung S20, this works with all functions, steering wheel buttons, voice control, waze or google maps, and utube music, with phone support simultaneously with very little or no lag.

Very occasionally it will freeze, usually  in poor signal areas, needing the radio re booting, 10 second holding of the on off button until it restarts.

One point you wont find, listed or at least I didn't, the voice control operates as follows.

short press car functions, long press Ottocast functions.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a 2016 Fabia Estate that  worked fine with Android Auto via a quality USB cable.

Lots of trouble trying to install AAwireless dongle despite the help provided by the manufacturer App. Phone (Poco X3 NFC) would never handshake with the dongle.

Eventually fixed by ensuring the phone VPN was switched off together with its auto start function.

Dongle works fine now, AA appearing on the car screen, within 20 seconds of entering the car.

Do occasionally get a drop out, but always reconnects within 10 secs, with no input from me.

But I do live in the empty spaces of West Devon!