Fabia mk3 2020 - break pads

DR79

Hi 

has anyone had break pads fitted through a Skoda dealership on a mk3 Fabia? 
I need the front pads doing, however without calling them, I have no idea on price. 
just wondering if anyone has had theirs done recently? 
thanks 

Almost certainly you will be quoted and expected to pay a ridiculous price at a Main Dealers to have them replace your brake pads.

Just call where is near to you and ask. 

Are you sure you need new pads, and have you had the brake fluid changed at 3 years old?

Is there an Independent garage  near that can do them?

This was a post / thread in the Kodaiq section last week.

I know it is a Kodiaq and a vRS you might think they will be much cheaper for a Fabia.   

Well ask the Service Desk receptionist, likely they know just crazy prices much like this.

Screenshot 2023-09-26 14.36.52.png

Edited by toot
  • Thanks 1

Just got a price for Fabia mk3 front pads (genuine part) £36.74 Inc vat. 

So will cost £290.80 for fitting 🤣 

Nearly £300 an hour labour....

ANYONE who go's to a dealer for this or any other service on their car. Needs a kick up the ass wake up call... Dealers RIP YOU OFF .....

I just bought some Bosch pads (and discs) for front and rear and it all came in under £150.  Those dealer prices are daylight robbery 

Front pads were about £26 for the set 

Edited by briscaF1

1 hour ago, briscaF1 said:

I just bought some Bosch pads (and discs) for front and rear and it all came in under £150.  Those dealer prices are daylight robbery 

Front pads were about £26 for the set 

For once we seem to disagree - the price is about right but I prefer Mintex branded stuff for those!

Edited by jeallen01

13 minutes ago, toot said:

MINTEX was a good name, maybe as good as anything else still, made by the same people that make Pagid are they not?

The are just road cars and the pads can out last discs these days, especially OME ones.

I think so - it's a big group that often promotes articles in Car Mechanics mag, although I don't have a copy to hand ATM and so can't confirm that group name.

In 2016 I got a set of Mintex-boxed & branded 312mm front disks & "2604" "fast road" pads for the Octy, and the braking was like night & day as compared with the standard 288mm discs with Pagid (etc) branded pads bought from local retailers like ECP, GSF etc.  Just had to be very careful when stopping quickly for the passengers' sakes - but they definitely saved the day when some idiot in an Audi cut in front of me at speed at a roundabout exit  a couple of years ago!

Edited by jeallen01

1 hour ago, jeallen01 said:

For once we seem to disagree - the price is about right but I prefer Mintex branded stuff for those!

I work in the automotive sector, often with Bosch, so I see that they generally offer a decent quality/value proposition. 

I used to go to the Ferodo factory at Chapel years ago so I used to buy their kit for a while.

I've never tried Mintex stuff to be fair!

21 minutes ago, briscaF1 said:

I work in the automotive sector, often with Bosch, so I see that they generally offer a decent quality/value proposition. 

I used to go to the Ferodo factory at Chapel years ago so I used to buy their kit for a while.

I've never tried Mintex stuff to be fair!

I've been a Mintex "fan" since I upgraded the front brakes of my first Mini in 1968 - although I've think I've fitted a few Ferodo bits & pieces as well😃

Edited by jeallen01
  • Like 1

FWIW, nowadays with many big groups having bought "trusted name" manufacturers in-house, I think it's more a case of searching and selecting the "right" items for your own particular requirements than first selecting a brand name and then the relevant parts from the ranges available from that brand name.

PS!: I really would like people to use the correctly-spelt words in threads, and especially the thread titles! - because I don't want them to "break" their cars by choosing the wrong "brake" pads and other braking system components  🙄

Edited by jeallen01

Mintex, I seem to recall, is the "aftermarket only" member of the TMD Friction family of companies, the main players are Textar and Pagid, who both operate in the OE and aftermarket sectors - though some might consider that Pagid have a bit of strange agreement with ECP concerning the supply of some items, as, it seems, that ECP claim to be the sole importer of their parts into UK.

Maybe by now TMD have themselves joined an even bigger auto parts groups, most things tend towards ZF it seems.

I've used Pagid a few times with no issues, so, at least for my wife's 2015 Polo, I'd probably buy their bits for when that car needs new discs and pads, but that time has not come yet.

Edited by rum4mo
missed out "Friction"!
  • Like 1

I have 3 local Motor Factors, all long established.

If they are supplying stuff to customers / garages then they do not supply crap and if you ask what their cheapest brake parts discs / pads are like they will tell you as they do not supply crap.

Whatever they supply no matter how cheap will be superior to what the vehicle leaves the Skoda production line with. 

14 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

Mintex, I seem to recall, is the "aftermarket only" member of the TMD Friction family of companies, the main players are Textar and Pagid, who both operate in the OE and aftermarket sectors - though some might consider that Pagid have a bit of strange agreement with ECP concerning the supply of some items, as, it seems, that ECP claim to be the sole importer of their parts into UK.

Maybe by now TMD have themselves joined an even bigger auto parts groups, most things tend towards ZF it seems.

I've used Pagid a few times with no issues, so, at least for my wife's 2015 Polo, I'd probably buy their bits for when that car needs new discs and pads, but that time has not come yet.

Thx for identifying TMD as the current parent group - saved me the hassle of looking for it!