Key shell replacement. Help needed.

My OEM keys which are 11 years old are starting to fall apart. The buttons have broken off on one and are sticky on the other and the cases themselves have seen better days. 

I was looking for a good replacement case but couldn't find the correct part number. The original has this part number: 3T0 837 202H with the CN code. All the ones I can find here are with the part number: 5K0 837 202AD. Can I interchange the cases like that? I am in India and the only place I could find the original was on a sketchy website. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have ordered several key cases from Ali (as @MicMacsuggests) for our assortment of Octys and have had no problems. 

If you're just replacing the button half of the fob the two parts of the shell just click together.  There are several YouTubes on this.

If you're replacing the key end of the shell you will need to know the secret of separating the case halves - it's a very small Phillips/Pozidrive screw hidden behind the Skoda sticker on the back of the fob case.  Remove the sticker, undo the screw and carefully separate the halves; there's a spring holding the key blade in  place which likes to jump out and get lost (DAMHIK).

Finally, when you order the replacement shell/s add in a set of key fob stickers to replace the one you have scraped off to get at the screw mentioned above.

There are quite a few YouTubes covering all of this if you go hunting.  Remember you need a shell that matches your one exactly (I suspect yours is a 3-button shell) so look at the pictures for confirmation.

Oh, by the way, I suggest you order one more shell than you need - just in case.  They're dirt cheap and they're only plastic ...

4 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

I have ordered several key cases from Ali (as @MicMacsuggests) for our assortment of Octys...

11 hours ago, MicMac said:

Thanks! But unfortunately Aliexpress is banned here in India. And to be honest Aliexpress is kinda sketchy. Has been unreliable in the past. That's why I'm looking for alternatives.

Mine have these little pins in the slot where the folds away into. I looked it up on YouTube and they push this pin into the key and pop the two pieces. And that pin is impossible to move. I tried sim ejector, a round pin sort of screwdriver, etc. Everything I tried either kept slipping or gave out. It's a post 2010 thing I suppose. Video link.

Yes its the one with the trunk button. Images only show the exterior and not the inside. The part numbers are different for a reason right? 

Not about the price but I don't want anymore plastic junk than I already have lol.

Edit: Adding a few images.

IMG_20230928_212133.jpg

IMG_20230928_212025.jpg

IMG_20230928_212006~2.jpg

Edited by bbr2006
Added images.