2014 Roomster CBZB cam chain replacement costs

Fredw56

Do any forum members know the current going rate for having the cam chain and it tensioner replaced? This would have to be by a garage, preferably a suitably qualified one. Health is taking a toll on my range of activities.

Whilst our car is a 2014 and well after the upgrade to the cam chain, it has done 112,000 miles and it rattles on start up. It has always rattled a bit. When I bought it at two years old I took it to the main dealer in Indian Queens and they said it was normal, a characteristic. Possible said that because it was still under warranty. The noise is louder now and we have decided to keep on repairing this car rather than replace it. Now live in Lincolnshire and nearest dealer is Grimsby. 

There is list of jobs, slight front nearside suspension or rack. Perennial breaking wires (I am getting sick of fixing these). Slight oil leak back of engine, never drips so possibly a breather.