Delivery/lead times

ima

Hi all

Ive asked in both sections so sorry for duplicating but I ordered a Kamiq SE 110 tsi end July as well as Fabia 1.5 Monte Carlo. Dealer gave vague estimates of 7 months so February but just trying to see how accurate this is knowing reports of improvements but others saying even longer. For those ordering a similar point were you told the same on lead times? TIA

I ordered a Kamiq SE 110 on 17 July. At the time expected delivery was early December, although the dealer suggested in time for Christmas. A week or two ago build week was expected to be next week & perhaps optimistically of me, hoping it will arrive  by early December.

I would suggest that you ring the dealer & ask for an update.

The dealer did say that DSGs were taking longer.

Edited by Cheshirecat
  • Thanks 1

Ah lovely thank you. Wife may be luckier then and get hers much earlier than my fabia. Just waiting on my salesman to get back from his holiday for an update but helpful to compare.

I don't have too much detail as I took a cancelled order that the dealership I bought from which kept its build slot knowing they would sell the car (Kamiq SE Drive 110 DSG).

So I don't know when that order was originally placed but build week October 9th (Yesterday :party: )

However because we wanted to explore the specs we enquired while we were there about how long new orders were taking and as of 2 weeks ago we were told 28 weeks.

Whether or not that includes the build and shipping process, PDI etc I don't know.

I was told to  expect ours about 5 weeks from the 9th Oct. So is it 28 weeks to build slot or 23 weeks to build slot + 5 to pick up I wonder.

Edited by Stoker
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We've just ordered a stock Kamiq as needed the car quicky.

Not quite sure what Skoda is playing at.  I spoke to 5 dealers looking for cars based on what the dealer was advertising on Autotrader and what was shown on the Skoda website as "available".  There's a fair number of cars around, although you can't be too fussy about colour (not that there's much choice anayway!).

A couple of dealers used the same phrase - "stock drops" - apparently Skoda basically dumps cars on them that have no customer order against them.   If the leadtime is 28 weeks (or whatever) how come there are unallocated cars?   There's the odd cancelled order around, but you can usually tell those as they'll have a few random options.

It was even worse trying buy a Tiguan recently - hence we ended up with a Karoq - seemed hopeless trying to get a new one, and some owners are only just getting cars they ordered 2yrs ago -  yet there's absolutely loads of nearly-new Tiguans kicking around.

Hmmm no idea really but I'd guess they still maybe cancelled orders somehow.

Ours was a cancelled motorbility ordered and as you point but had a couple of additions but I'm sure there will be standard spec cars right across the sectors of private, leasing and company cars that get cancelled.

Another guess would be perhaps that it makes sense to 'do a run of xx amount' . No idea though what the triggers could be. Colour maybe? Hypothetically 93 blue Kamiqs ordered paint booth run will do 100 so build 93 to order and 7 standard spec cars. Change batch go again. 

Skoda might be reading this thread  - I just looked and all the standard Kamiqs have disappeared!

I very nearly ordered a cancelled one but the dealer only realised it had an electric boot after several conversations, and then wouldn't swallow the difference in cost.  I think electric boots have quite a big "wow" factor, but they're a can of worms if they go wrong (and they do) so I certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.  That car is still listed.

• Like 3