Is it safe to remap my mk2 vrs with the standard clutch?

@luisbuckIf you are talking Stage 1 & the DQ200 DSG as it is in your 2010 then yes totally safe.

But seeing as your DSG is 13 years old and it might have had abuse or just hard use you might find that it goes wrong & then you would need new clutch packs, upgraded software.

Do you know if it is the original DSG and never had new clutches up to now, did it get Service Campaign '34F7' sometime since 2014.

Is there a sticker in the spare tyre well? 

? Are you going to be doing lots of standing starts full throttle, going to the 1/4 mile, hill climbs or sprints?

As it is putting out 205 bhp instead of 178 bhp will make little difference driving normally if the DSG is good now.

?

Is your engine all good for remapping and do you know that it is not already remapped, have you checked, or had the car from new???

PS

Some of the first cars in the UK registered about May / June 2010 were used as Media Cars and had a bit different software.

In S at 127 mph or so they go into S7 and do not stay in S6.   

This is a good thing as it turns out.   Some might still be running, i know of 5 of these cars that members had.

This was one that a member had and he sold it for spares or repairs, engine failure, it had a personal plate then.

*back running with the original registration and on the road.*

I had one of them as well and red. Still on the road with the original engine back in it when i sold it, but it was an oil user when it was sold as a Ex Demonstrator & rejected by the first buyer. There were at least 3 in each colour.

Edited by toot