73 plate wireless android issues

Dazm

Hi all

Traded 71 plate in for 73 plate (both sportline) and I can't get android auto to work wirelessy. It flickers into life and has gone for a tempting few seconds twice so far.  Have tried removing phone from car and removing connection from android auto with no success. 

Annoyingly it works no issues with cable,  but this is doing my nut in now so any suggestions (and no I am not getting an iPhone 🙂 )

20231013_175521.jpg

20231010_145118.jpg

20231010_143922.jpg

Having the same problem we collected a new sportline last week. Android auto works after connecting through the cable and will then work intermittently wirelessly then won’t connect again.

This has happened before, from memory around late 2018 for few weeks, was a poor update of android auto, which was sorted in next release.

Could it be repeat?

• 2 weeks later...

Update, got the cable & plugged it in and Android Auto works. Worked fine on my 22 plate with Amundsen + without the cable

But not my 23 plate with Amundsen +

I can only guess that it maybe a software issue on the vehicle side.

Edited by Keithjock

6 minutes ago, Keithjock said:

Update, got the cable & plugged it in and Android Auto works. Worked fine on my 22 plate with Amundsen + without the cable

But not my 23 plate with Amundsen +

I can only guess that it maybe a software issue on the vehicle side.

Welcome to the club,  wireless worked fine on 21 plate but refused to work on 23. 

• Like 1

There are apparently videos on Youtube giving details of connecting Android phones wirelessly but I suspect the power drain on the phone might be considerable. I use my phone to project Waze onto the infotainment screen, with the phone held in a Brodit clip to the left of the gear lever (look on the Brodit site) & the phone linked by 30cm USBmicro to USBc cable. 

All works fine & phone is constantly recharging to replace Waze usage.

Phone still works normally by Bluetooth.

• Like 1