Octavia 1.4 SEL IV failed to start

Hey all,

Had a fun morning. Drove to drop other half off somewhere today. Stopped the car and turned off for couple of mins. Got back in pressed the button and just about every warning popped up on dash. 

Park not working, press brake to stop car rolling

Esp off

Auto handbrake off

Start system failed etc

Typically all of this happened in an area where me and the car had no mobile signal at all. After trying to start multiple times with no luck I got out to see if I could get mobile signal. After a few mins with no luck I got back in car ready to press the SOS button as cust service i  is only open Mon to Friday. Pressed start again and it all worked fine. No error or anything.

Anyone experienced this before and did you take it to skoda for repair? I swear my car has so many software gremlins either that or they have built it so it doesn't start without a mobile signal

Sorry to hear of your issue, glad it sorted itself out,

Is the SOS button you refer to different than the one that calls emergency services in the event of accident or need for medical assistance?

Edited by Stonekeeper

6 minutes ago, Novascape said:

I thought sos calls a skoda emergency line. Good thing I didn't press it then

Is there a spanner next to the sos  button?

If you have paid the subscription  i think you can push the spanner next to the sos button?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My Octavia is three months old and have experienced two occasions where the engine failed to start with the following error message

"Please check starter system"

The car was left for about 20 minutes and then started.

After almost three years of often frustrating ownership I have learnt that when any malfunction occurs, switch off, wait a few minutes and switch on again. All is then generally well. It is, after all, a computer on wheels - and that's what we do when our computers, printers, digital devices etc go on the blink, isn't it? The very last thing I would advise is to take into a Skoda dealer. In my experience their ignorance is astounding and they are likely to introduce more errors than they solve.

• 3 months later...

Morning all,

I've had an Octavia iV SE L DSG for just under 2 months. I've had trouble getting it started. The message on the dash reads 'Unable to start. Please disconnect charging cable'. But i haven't actually charged it via the cable yet. Its done this three times in as many days.

Anyone else familiar with this?

Thanks