Infotainment Unit Options

BeePM

Hi all,

I am slowly getting to know all the features on my Yeti (2017 outdoor 1.2 Tsi Se L), of which there seem to be many, and I am really enjoying going through the wealth of info provided in this forum to bring me up to speed and fill in the blanks left out by the manual.

Lately, I have been concentrating on trying to fully understand and utilise my infotainment system which, from the 'Yetipedia' section at the Yeti Owners Forum.......

https://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/threads/yetipedia-no1.2760/#post-30884

I appear to have the Amundsen II unit (pictures are attached further below)....

I have recently updated the SatNav maps to the latest version and all seems to be working really well, as does Apple & Android car play etc. I have noticed two anomalies though and I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice on the following.

1. On reading through the manual and watching youtube posts, my understanding is there should be a feature (be it ever so small) where a proximity sensor is fitted to the head unit, which is born out in the Yetipedia pictures for the Amundsen II as you can see small pink lights shining through the bottom rail of the Amundsen II unit in their first picture, which I assume is an infra red bar type sensor (although the second Amundsen II picture in the Yetipedia post doesn't show the lights).

On looking through the settings for my unit I do have a feature in 'Screen' settings showing 'animation when finger near screen', which is switched on / ticked. However it doesn't seem to be having any effect when my hand approaches / nears the screen. I have tried with the 'Navigation' screen and once the icon / options bar at the bottom of the navigation screen dissapears, the only way to bring it back up is to physically tap the screen. My assumption is the sensor bar is faulty and it is not exactly the end of the world if it is, but possibly being the last model Skoda made this may simply just not be an option fitted for this unit (although strange to still have the finger option still available in settings). If it simply is that the sensor bar has failed, then once the dust has settled from the works already carried out under warranty by my dealer (mentioned in my first hello / introduction post), I will take it up with them (even at risk of appearing a bit OCD  😄).

2. I have read thorough many posts here regarding the SatNav options / operation and they mention there should be an option when entering a location to enter it purely via a postcode (although the button on screen is abbreviated to PSTCD). I simply cannot seem to find this in any of the different options when entering a location and was wondering if I am looking for something that isn't actually now there, due to it being the last model of 2017, or am I just being a numpty ?

I have attached  pictures of my infotainment unit here to hopefully assist. Do let me know if you need any more info.

Many thanks in advance for your input and any assistance / advice you can offer me.

ATB / Bazza

Animation option.jpg

Infotainment Unit.jpg

System info.jpg

re 2

NEW DESTINATION

Presuming COUNTRY set to UK,

In the address field, tap PSTCD and when prompted, enter the postcode in CAPS with no space,

ie AB16 3CD is entered as AB163CD

Should enable new destination calculation to the flagged  position , defined by the post code, in the small map pop up

Hi Bexhillian, thanks so much for your input and for confirming that I am indeed a numpty 🙂.

As you say, after pressing 'New Destination', on the window that then pops up (and presuming that the country is aleady set correctly), the next field underneath 'Country' is 'City'.

Once you press 'City' , then on the next screen that pops up, the pstcd button is on the keyboard entry screen in the bottom left hand corner (no need to enter the actual city name).

This has just made things so much easier, thanks again, much appreciated (although I feel a little silly for having missed it) ! 😎

Bazza

• Like 1

Evening all,

Rather than start a fresh topic, as this is still infotainment based I thought I would add it here.

I am really appreciating the extra 'manoeuvre' screen in the Sat nav, its cetainly helping me a lot when in areas I don't know the roads. In the owners manual it mentions under 'Graphical driving recommendations' (clip attached below) that

• The 'Manoeuvre' screen also shows in the instrument cluster. The only screen I get in my maxidot is the one shown below N, NE, N etc. Is this all I should expect or is there a way of having the same 'manoeuvre' screen which shows on the Satnav, show in my maxidot (I appreciate the maxidot is a lot lower resolution and only black and white).

• There is another window that shows on the satnav screen, to the right of the Manoeuvre screen, (labelled D in the picture) which I assume lets you know the correct lane to be in when on a motorway, something I would find really useful. I have never seen this screen and can't seem to find any option of adding it. Would anyone be able to confirm if I should have this option or not please.

Thanks for any guidance (pun not intended) you can give me.

Cheers all / Baz.

Capture.PNG

maxidot.jpg

I clocked up over 400 motorway miles at the weekend and got to know my built in Satnav a lot better, well enough to now close out my own questions in the post directly above.

I tried editing the post above rather than bump this thread, but as the post was raised before I earned editing rights, the board software won't let me edit it.

I can confirm that on the Amundsen II unit....

• The other screen labelled D in the above picture (the lane indicator) does indeed show up but it's fairly random. Still, I was pleasantly suprised to see the feature does actually work, even if it isn't very consistent.

• The maxidot display does only show the compass direction as a N, NE, E etc. and it also includes the road / motorway name you are on, but that is all. Might be useful to some but for me, this is close to useless.

I have read many posts here which suggest that the built in Satnav soon starts to show its limitations compared to Google maps, Waze etc. and having now put it through its paces, I do agree. Despite its limitations however, if the display was mirrored properly in the maxidot, it would still be almost perfect, for me at least (I don’t want to have to hook up my phone every time).

I’m still very glad I have it and will use it mainly for shorter journeys, but for motorways and night driving (risky when doing 70 at night and looking down at the screen) I will use a phone app.

If anyone with an Amundsen II would be able to add some knowledge on my remaining query regarding the finger proximity sensor, I would really appreciate it and can close this thread out.

Thanks all.

ATB / Bazza

Edited by BeePM