Fault code 01221

Cuuca

Hey,

AWT engine 2004 manual superb. 

I have checked front wiring (fixed now) and also rear door wiring and still getting 01221. 

I have vcds and it says 01221 faulty. 

Where might be the sensor then? I really cant find it.

also under the seat yellow connector seems fine.

Suggestions? I am out of them now. 

- Mikael

For future reference:

For LHD cars the sensor is locatee underneath the seat and the floor mat. You need to take seat off. 

Undo battery just incase!

Its held on front with 2x 13mm bolts. Undo those. Then take off two screws from the back of the seat. They are under plastic caps. Take those off. Then unscrew the screws and just slide the seat off. Be careful not to use too much force because of the wiring. 

Pry off the plastic coverings on the doors and on top of the floor mat behind the clutch/brake. Then just lift the mat and voila, you will see sensor just under the seat. 

• 3 weeks later...

REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT BATTERY!!

Bought replacement part from ebay with correct code. For this airbag ECU it was 0K. 

To find your ECU number you need to read airbag ecu with VCDS. There you need to find ”Component: ” line and you will find the 4th line saying something like ”0K” and that is the part I ordered. Part number + that ”0K” and got it working.

It needed vcds for clearing codes of course but no adaptation etc. Including picture to help finding the component part. 

Replacement for this part took aprox 1 hour - including cup of coffee at the start. 

Hopefully someone finds this helpful in the future.

IMG_0710.jpeg

Edited by Cuuca