Timing belt change

Hi guys I have a Skoda Octavia 2019 DSG automatic hatchback. I currently do private hire taxis for Uber. My current mileage is 64225. I’m wondering when is best to have timing belt and water pump changed at?

any advice would be appreciated thanks

Hi, I changed mine at the five year mark, as suggested, and I only had half the miles you've got now.

Must say though,  you will get alot of different answers, and you will have to choose for yourself. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NZ100 said:

Hi, I changed mine at the five year mark, as suggested

SKoda UK have recently fallen into line with the rest of the VAG world and removed the 5 year "suggestion".

There are plenty of threads on here giving the updated schedule.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What Dave said.  It's hard to get concrete info on it but essentially SUK have removed the 5 year recommendation and have even started suggesting 140k miles as the interval.  Depending on your appetite for risk and the costs (quotes vary massively) I intend to get mine done around 100k which at current usage will make it 8 yrs old.

• Thanks 1

You can not use your 1.6 TDI for work if the engine is gubbed with a broken timing belt.   (Just like another Private Hire driver had on here.)

It is a Tool, so Service & Maintenance is an Overhead / Running cost.  Best get the Timing Belt / Tensioner Replaced and while at it the Water Pump.

It is costs you declare with your incomes for tax reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if the car you have has a silicone bag in the cooling system, if it has, ask them to remove it while there doing the job. My mechanic removed mine, no extra charge. Just a thought. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Aakayamy said:

That’s fine I will ask the mechanic to remove it 

Do change the coolant from G13 to G12evo too, as the G13 coolant uses the silica for corrosion protection.

I whipped my silica bag out when I discovered they were a bit of a time bomb waiting to go of, but it's worth changing the coolant either at the same time 12-24 months afterwards to make sure your corrosion protection is maintained in the coolant system.

• Like 2