Cabin filter inlet

Sorry I've never looked, have you a photo or have you not yet took off any plastic covers between bonnet and screen.  I think, IIRC, the earlier models were just a hole, but I sit to be corrected, and as the Mk1 and Mk2 seemed to be built better than the Mk3 I'd not expect the additional expense of a plastic cover for the Mk3, but I could well be wrong and my wife's car isn't here to look (and I'd not risk braking any plastic covers on my wife's car especially when it's cold, dark, autumn, unless was absolutely necessary).

2 hours ago, Ed17heo said:

Hi, can anyone with a MK3 confirm if the cabin filter inlet on the MK3 has a grille over it or is just a rectangular hole in the bulkhead (under the bonnet obviously)?

Just a hole and you can see the fan/motor/workings.

Underneath the passenger wiper blade/ left hand side.

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AGFalco said:

Just a hole and you can see the fan/motor/workings.

Underneath the passenger wiper blade/ left hand side.

Thanks. AG Falco

Thought as much, just had the drain hole in the wing blocked by leaves and you can see water marks up on the bulkhead. Passenger footwell carpet wet so I suspect it's come in through the gaping hole 🤨

Only last week I checked my neighbour's car for something like a blocked drain as there seemed to be a lot of condensation inside the car.  It was very easy to remove the plastic bonnet to windscreen cover and check and that too just had a hole but everything was bone dry in there, Sod's Law I then remembered the bathroom mat/towel thing in the boot.

I expect you already know to change the cabin filter and clean (and  dry?)  its housing as much as possible, that was the cause of the condensation in my neighbour's car a few years back.

Drying out the footwell carpet is a bit of a pain but very necessary as the Mk3 Fabia gets enough condensation as it is (if not garaged), I put the two Pingi

Car-Dehumidifier bags in my wife's only this weekend (other Pingi bags and other makes and products are available). -https://pingi.com/product-category/car-dehumidifiers/

Good luck.