Cambelt Replacement Schedule for 2018 1.4 4x4 Automatic Kodiaq

hanf

I'll check with Skoda tomorrow but in the meantime I wondered if someone might be able to clarify. My car has just been serviced today and on the note it says due for cambelt replacement. My car is 5 years old. I thought I read that Skoda had now removed the time requirement and it was mileage based? My car is only 29,000 miles. My mileage is pretty low. And I've never reached 100,000. So can I ignore this advice?

I don't want to put my car at risk but don't want to get anything unnecessary done.

I'm already facing a £1,500 bill for 4 new tyres (2 front ones down to 3mm and rear still at 5mm but cracking and perishing, and front and read brake pad and disc replacement as they are apparently down to 10% and 15%.

Also any confirmation about when I need the Haldex replacing too please? I think I need it doing next year? Is it every 3 years? I'm hoping this is now mileage related only! But probably now.

Thank you

The Haldex is still @ 3 years / 30,000 miles. 

Many know to do sooner than that as preventative maintenance and to have it done properly.  Not to be skimped on if you have a car you are keeping.

PS

You want to check if the Pads are down by 10 or 15% and not down to. 

Ask them the actual measurements they did.

As it is maybe if you need brakes done then not by the Up-sellers you are putting your car into. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, hanf said:

I'll check with Skoda tomorrow but in the meantime I wondered if someone might be able to clarify. My car has just been serviced today and on the note it says due for cambelt replacement. My car is 5 years old. I thought I read that Skoda had now removed the time requirement and it was mileage based? My car is only 29,000 miles. My mileage is pretty low. And I've never reached 100,000. So can I ignore this advice?

I don't want to put my car at risk but don't want to get anything unnecessary done.

I'm already facing a £1,500 bill for 4 new tyres (2 front ones down to 3mm and rear still at 5mm but cracking and perishing, and front and read brake pad and disc replacement as they are apparently down to 10% and 15%.

Also any confirmation about when I need the Haldex replacing too please? I think I need it doing next year? Is it every 3 years? I'm hoping this is now mileage related only! But probably now.

Thank you

You mean as every brake in existence has done since it was installed? 

Maybe you do need new brakes but is it any wonder the term "stealers" is in the common parlance?

• Like 1

Skoda UK increased the cambelt time and distance intervals on the 1st July this year.

Sounds like your dealer is as poor at the basics as Skoda themselves.

Don’t wait for the proper intervals on the Haldex. Get it done now, but Skoda also decided to omit a very important part of the Haldex service, the removal and cleaning of the pump filter. Be sure to request this is done too.

I’d post a picture for you, but it seems this is no longer possible to members that aren’t paid-up Freedom members.

• Like 2

Thank you

On 11/11/2023 at 19:43, silver1011 said:

Skoda UK increased the cambelt time and distance intervals on the 1st July this year.

Sounds like your dealer is as poor at the basics as Skoda themselves.

Don’t wait for the proper intervals on the Haldex. Get it done now, but Skoda also decided to omit a very important part of the Haldex service, the removal and cleaning of the pump filter. Be sure to request this is done too.

I’d post a picture for you, but it seems this is no longer possible to members that aren’t paid-up Freedom members.

Thank you. Can I ask why you say 'get it down now'. It was done in 2021. Does it really need doing again only 2 years later?

Sorry, I didn’t realise you’d already had it done. Although if they didn’t clean the gauze filter then I’d be tempted to have the Haldex serviced again sooner rather than later.

• Like 1