Sounds like an asthmatic Darth Vader is behind my dash.......

• 2 months later...
On 13/11/2023 at 18:35, fatscoleymo said:

Cheers for ideas...  The A/C was charged during the summer. I will turn off a/c and see if Darth takes a break.

Thanks.

Did you ever find a solution for this mate? I have the same thing, or as my missus says, "there's a kettle boiling behind the glove box".

1 hour ago, BlackRose79 said:

Did you ever find a solution for this mate? I have the same thing, or as my missus says, "there's a kettle boiling behind the glove box".

Funnily enough I was just thinking yesterday about this and realised that I have not been aware of the sound recently. It's either gone away of it's own accord or I'm going deaf...

So can't help I'm afraid...

Edited by fatscoleymo
Sp.

Not the compressor, that is under the bonnet, it could be a low refrigerant charge that creates a noise from the expansion orifice in the aircon evaporator matrix behind the dashboard.