2006 fabia estate

fazandy

Hi all , had a nightmare last night leaving work ,i locked my keys in car ! 

Ended up having to smash rear drivers side window .

Looking for a replacement,  are the Windows the same in my estate/combi as normal hatchback ?

Yes the uppy downy window bit.

Oh well i was hoping to just go around my local breakers yards and find a replacement from any fabia of similar age ,probably going to be a bit harder to find an estate. 

Thanks for the link ,if i cant find one locally i will order one . 

Have you had the conversation with yourself where you say "how did I manage to do that?"

It could well be that you have a faulty door closed microswitch on one of the doors.

Best to get that sorted before a possible recurrence.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me. Phone and keys locked in the car and engine still running. Broke front passenger window. Cleaning all the glass crystals up was not much fun at all. Ebayer sent me a tinted window instead of the clear one I ordered but you could hardly tell once it was installed. Waiting for window....

SS854346.jpg

Edited by TMB

20 hours ago, J.R. said:

Have you had the conversation with yourself where you say "how did I manage to do that?"

It could well be that you have a faulty door closed microswitch on one of the doors.

Best to get that sorted before a possible recurrence.

Yes i have a faulty microswitch ,been like that for a couple of years! First time ive locked keys in though ,i was rushing to get home and totally forgot, we live and learn! 

Difficult, perhaps even impossible to do if the microswitches are working.

I locked myself in the Yeti with the alarm sounding in B&Q car park after loading stuff in the boot, I was racking my brains as to how I could have done so and how the car could have allowed me to do so with the keys outside, or so I thought...........

I definitely had not touched the central console door locking button, the lock microswitches were working to my knowledge, I deduced that the key had to be in the car and I had inadvertently pressed the lock button on the fob.

After a lot of searching I found the keys under the seat.

I have a spare unchipped key hidden outside of the vehicle to get me in if locked out and a chipped key hidden inside if my keys are lost or stolen.

• Like 1