Alternator and AGM battery

4 years old AGM battery went totally flat one day. Did a replacement and the battery vendor did a voltmeter test and said the alternator had low voltage and mentioned New Battery runs risks of depleting.

Went to my mechanic for a batt test and was given this result. It showed  charging test result as low.

Car is 7.5years old. Is the alternator on its way out?

IMG-20231113-WA0037.jpg

Edited by lab4games

The fact that battery type is shown as regular, with no mention of AGM makes me not trust that test set-up.

I suspect it also isn't taking into account the variable output voltage nature of an alternator in a start-stop car. Makes it trickier to test than traditional fixed voltage alts.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, lab4games said:

I couldn't start the car to drive to a workshop. I thought it would be a simple battery replacement as the first battery died without warnings as well at near the 4 years mark. 

Was it coded and is it an EFB or AGM?

• Like 1