Octavia 3 rear wiper leak from the motor coupling (?)

SwatKat

Today, after a drive through town, I noticed that I had a little liquid in the trunk. Looking more closely, it was the protective cover of the tailgate that was wet. I managed to unscrew the whole cover and the liquid is gushing out next to the plug from the motor - not the white coupling, but the black one attached to the motor.That plug moves as if there is no grip between the 2 parts . Video here: https://imgur.com/B8vnBnT 

Liquid flows normally from the wiper and the rear camera, but it also drips quite a lot here while functioning. 
Will a new motor be needed?  or is there something that can be done.. Thanks

50A9BF6E-E309-44E7-8FAC-B4B950708913.jpeg.c5e101d04f44d53875da207093785882.jpeg

Common right across the VAG range where there is a rear wiper; Valeo the new Prince of darkness. It doesn’t happen on the Octavia 1U though as these have a sensible separate jet. The one fitted to the second generation A3 (type 8P) is an absolute joke, I am genuinely amazed if I notice one is working and think “it must be new”.

• Haha 1

Thanks, this weekend did the motor replacement. Expensive like hell!

Disassembled the coupling and the gasket was a bit loose (the spring inside it was the clprit, I guess - so the gasket was not sealing anymore. 

Hope for another 6 years :)

On the other hand, the garage had battery tester units, so I found out battery is around 60%. So next spring at the latest I need to replace also this!

Edited by SwatKat