All season tyres to fit 19 inch Xtreme wheels on VRS?

Anybody know of a decent all season for these wheels? I had wheelspin in 4th gear last night and I wasn't even trying!

The size is 225/35 r19

Ideally after something premium like Cross Climate 2, Bridgestone Weather Control, Hankook Kinergy 4S2, Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 3

Have searched on many sites and only finding cheap chinese tyres. 

• Confused 1

Are you near a Tyre & Exhaust centre to see what they have or can get in in a few days?

Easy to suggest good tyres in that size, but availability is the issue as people discover the tyres on are not good in winter conditions.

?

Which country are you in and if in the UK where? 

These are not rubbish tyres,

but i have on Vredstien Quatrac Pro,s and would not recommend them for Snowy conditions.

They have been good in very wet and cold / icy conditions.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 10.30.33.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 10.34.55.png

Edited by Rooted
  • Love it! 1

19 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Easy to suggest good tyres in that size, but availability is the issue as people discover the tyres on are not good in winter conditions.

?

Which country are you in and if in the UK where? 

Thanks mate, I'm in Essex SS13 postcode.

I'd seen the BluEarth before but they review badly. Must admit I also ignored the Quatrac Pro as had bad experience with Vreds previously. According to Tyre Reviews they're actually not too bad so that could be an option...

The wheelspin in general on this car is bloody terrible though.  Combination of the lag on the throttle, DSG changing up (or not) randomly and overly firm suspension. Nothing happening, nothing happening, nothing happening ... BURNOUT!! 😂  It's so much worse than my MK2 VRS was, it's honestly making me think of chopping the car in 😔

Edited by ajm83

That is the issue with not that wide low profile tyres on a SUV with big rims and Summer bias tyres. 

But then the busses, posties, taxi,s and couriers etc will get around quite fine even with FWD or RWD.

Little old ladies or men in their VW Polo or Audi A1 will get around just fine driving to the conditions.

As to reviews,

It just goes to show Magazine / Social Media comparison reviews can be rubbish,  or my reviews or anyone elses.

The Yokohama are good, the Vredstien were when i started using them as the only Winters easily available.

I have used the various Michelin, CrossClimate , SUV & Crossclimate + & 2. 

As to the Maxxis i had AP2,s a few years back and reviewed them on here and they were good, but then i wrecked the sidewalls.

The Tyre Section is a good place to see what is what, and the threads on 19" All Seasons.

The issue is you can only fit what is available. 

I have Cross Climate 2s on 19" Xtremes for living in Scotland and like them; good enough for getting up to the ski centres.

I don't think they make them in standard/factory size but 235/35/19 fits the rim fine. Some places (Costco) won't fit non-standard size so you might have to ring around places.

• Thanks 1

The Ski Centre roads are ploughed and gritted / salted obviously and open to traffic with many arriving with vehicles with nothing special in the way of tyres.

To the general public including delivery lorries, vans etc that get no winter tyres fitted.

Can be hairy right enough with those without a clue and that think because they get up they can get down and no need to slow down or go with the flow.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 10.57.42.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 11.38.14.png

Edited by Rooted

6 minutes ago, Rooted said:

The Ski Centre roads are ploughed and gritted / salted obviously and open to traffic with many arriving with vehicles with nothing special in the way of tyres.

To the general public including delivery lorries, vans etc that get no winter tyres fitted.

Can be hairy right enough with those without a clue and that think because they get up they can get down and no need to slow down or go with the flow.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 10.57.42.png

Screenshot 2023-11-30 11.38.14.png

Absolute tosh. They try to keep the roads clear but often they are not and if snow is falling the roads will be white. People get caught out every year on the roads up to Glenshee or Lecht.

Personal photo end of December last year - not particularly clear roads and Cross Climate 2s worked fine.

20221227_113435.thumb.jpg.9723ccb994d65a0389dea793771a5ca9.jpg

• Haha 1

I used to work and sometimes live at both centres. Been going for 60 years now. 

There are total toshers about right enough.

Back in the day at the Lecht it was handy that the owner was the snow plough driver. 

100_5339.JPG.c89eb8967f0a2c9a9807b460331b2521.jpeg

558722036_Glenlivet.Jan12022.JPG.46e14eb36fffe87474e94dd685ed6ffb.jpeg

Edited by Rooted
  • Love it! 1

I'm not sure if they've just started opening up the gates more or earlier than they used to, but I've been on white roads more than I'd like over the last few seasons and wouldn't have liked to be on summer tyres. 

Cross Climates 2s were pretty much flawless last season...to keep it slightly on topic. ATS were cheapest when I got mine but local ATS branch cancelled my order as out of spec size. Phoned another branch and they would do it no problem. 235 looks better on the rim too. 

For the A93 then when they can they will as getting to & from Braemar is as important as those getting to Glenshee.

The Covid years of keeping the gates closed was a right PITA.

The South Side at the Lecht is easily shut and a right PITA while Tomintoul to the Lecht is open. 

I have had plenty times of an extra 100 plus miles to get home when the gates are closed and now with an Electric car and with a small battery i have to do things differently.

It is on Vredstien All Seasons but will be going on Snow tyres.

A stupid pair of 7 kW chargers at the Lecht car park, then Tomintoul or Aboyne unreliable and Braemar even more so is a real PITA. 

I will be going by Blairgowrie more often rather than just Glenisla. Or Ballater and the Cairn O' Mount.

I have just sold my Shogun and have a BMW 520 Estate not on All Seasons which is venturing no place. 

DSCN3369.JPG.96205c3baf5eb6348d1cc6634158e593.jpeg

DSCN3377.JPG.3a15e6fd968c7a9907e60d1250185074.jpeg

Edited by Rooted