Advice on replacing rear suspension arm and link on Mk 2 superb estate please

Hi all,

I've just ordered  Mapco Link set code 53742/2 link to item on Mapco site  containing a couple of rear wishbones , the link rods and bolts etc. I ordered it from buycarparts (Autodoc).

Autodoc's website, and also Mapco's site says that this part fits a SKODA SUPERB II Estate (3T5) 2.0 TDI     10/2009 - 05/2015    125KW (170HP)    1968 cc    CBBB, CFGB    8004-AIQ.

That's my car, a 2012 superb II estate 3T5, 2.0 TDI, 170 bhp with transmission code CFGB.

However just to be sure I sent buycarparts my VIN and they emailed back to say that it isn't compatible with my car.

Now I don't know what to believe. Do I belive Mapco (and buy car parts) whose listing of the item says it does fit or do I believe the email from somebody at buycarparts who thinks my VIN prevents it fitting?

Does anyone know if this is the correct part as I don't really want to pay to return it if it is correct after all?

To be honest, it fits so may Skoda and VW cars that I cannot see any reason that it won't fit mine. I can't really see why a big chunk of metal holding the wheel on is affected too much by any subtle optional equipment that might be specific to my car.

Can anyone help please? 

Does the Mapco site say it's only for cars up to May 09 it seems to say -  "Construction year to: 2009/05"

Actually re-reading it - so many are listed it's confusing

Edited by Trapdoor

1 hour ago, Trapdoor said:

Does the Mapco site say it's only for cars up to May 09 it seems to say -  "Construction year to: 2009/05"

Actually re-reading it - so many are listed it's confusing

Thank you for checking,

Yes,on row 153 of Mapco's compatibility list it does say 'Construction year to: 2009/05' but in the next column it says 07/2008 - 05/2015. Agreed it's confusing.

I think that must be for the saloon superb though as on row 163, it explicitly mentions the estate, like mine. This time it doesn't mention construction year and just says it's for 10/2009 - 05/2015. - my estate is November 2012.

It's looking like this is the correct part but if anyone else can confirm I'd be grateful - or even explain why asking about my VIN made the sales person claim it wasn't right.

It is even more confusing as, for example, the rear anti roll bar links listed for my car (part of the set that I ordered) show the same OEM part number but some are 96mm long and some are 95mm long, depending upon manufacturer. Even the ones they suggested as a replacement for the 'wrong' part that I ordered are the same size as the ones I ordered and the same OEM part number!  

• Like 1

Recently I submitted my opinion about Autodoc on trustpilot and I got a reply from them. Here it is translated from French:

I'm quite happy with autodoc. I think the service could be improved by showing a reduction in the range when searching by VIN number. A little too often I get the following message: this part is suitable for your car when different versions of the same item are on display. The range of brake discs in different diameters is a good example.¨

Their reply:

Hello,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. Don't forget that you can always check the compatibility of spare parts with the chassis number (VIN) of the car, to do this you can write to us at: [email protected] .
Best regards,
The AUTODOC team¨.

This solution looks like a workaround to me but if you want to be sure of  ordering the right parts it could help to avoid issues.

• Like 1

Buy subscription with www.partslink24.com. The you will always find the corect partsnumber for ypur specific car. Autodoc delivers and chooses correct parts to your car only when you type in the original partnumber e.g. OEN "G052 145S2" and so on. Searching only by VIN or license plate number will give you all parts that was delivered to that specific model type, but not your car. Same goes with VIN number.