Heating issue - 2.0TSI VRS

Been reading up on the dreaded heating issues on the MK3 Octavia.

Recently had the full water pump/timing chain replacement done as well as coolant sensor issues causing very poor cold start.

Car is starting well now, but I have noticed that the heating is extremely weak in the driver's side. It is a bit warmer on the far left passenger vent but none of it is particularly hot. I'm not sure it's related to the recent water pump issues as thinking about it, I have not really ever noticed particularly warm air from the vents but luckily have winter pack so heated screen does the demisting and I'll pop the heated seat on to get warm.

I've done the climatronic reset which improved heating slightly. But still lukewarm on driver side.

I do have the "MIT silikat" header tank still fitted.

Is there any further DIY diagnosis that can be done to pinpoint the issue between airlock, clogged matrix, coolant valve slow to open, electric heater pump etc?

15 hours ago, RoddersUK said:

Was your heating working before the work and then not straight after?

This is the problem, I don't really know!? I always just leave the heating on auto and 21degrees and it's never felt cold in the cabin but not toasty warm either.

I have noticed on a longer run I do get a reasonable amount of warm air through all the vents after about 4-5miles but it seems to fade away when the car is not moving, and warm blasts seem to match with when engine is revving or under a bit of load. But it all still seems quite intermittent.