Tuning box

Right I know all the purists inc myself would say get a map but.

ive got a 272 sportline and would dearly love to have it mapped but ive got extended warranty and don’t want to land in the **** if anything goes wrong and the claim gets rejected, part of the warranty process is to check for td1 (map) if it’s anything to do with engine/ drivetrain faults, looking at these boxes is a mind field so was wondering if any of you fine people had any dealings/ recommendations, used them on diesels in the past but not petrol, thanks in advance for any info or help you can give

There are signs left in the logs if you remove one. Also you have the issue of breakdowns. Will you really be removing it while you wait for mr AA? What about a warranty question after an accident?

Sorry for sounding a bit negative but for me the only reason for a box over a map is the ease of returning it to stock for resale. 

• Like 2

I've had a BMS JB1 fitted for the last couple of years. Similar story, new vehicle at the time and didn't want to re-map the ECU. The JB1 has been excellent, running on the standard boost map that comes with it. Mid range boost especially is very strong, and it has been completely reliable. For something that is almost half the price of an ECU re-map, delivers around 90+% of the performance of a Stage 1 re-map, and I can remove in around 30 minutes or less if I need to, I've been very happy with it.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got a Racechip GTS Black plus a Racechip XLR Pedal Box fitted to the 280. I’m very happy with the performance and having the ability to change the profile is great. I just wanted to have the flexibility of being able to remove it and reuse or sell it. In fact, I bought it preowned from a member here so there you go.