Rear passenger door lock intermittent

nia573

I've noticed on my 2010 fabia 1.4 tdi that sometimes  when I lock the car with the remote fob,  the indicators don't flash, & I sometimes hear a strange noise from the rear passenger door lock area (difficult to describe, like a Slight clunking/springy noise as though the lock actuator is struggling)

I checked all doors while locking & unlocking with the fob & couldn't open the rear passenger door. After a few presses & cycling the remote button & hitting the outer door skin  below the handle with my fist it eventually unlocked.

Also in the past few weeks I've had the odd false alarm going off.

Would this point to a faulty rear door lock actuator? Are they easy to change? I've done a few mk5 golfs but haven't done a fabia one before 

Also if it does fail in the locked position how can one open the door to change it?

Cheers for any help 

Quitea common fault if you don't do anything it will get that you won't be able to open the door at all, really it needs a new door lock but on my MK2 rewar door I removed the rear panel got a car wash sponge and pushed it around the door lock ,I then more or less used a full can of WD40 and sprayed it from all angles waited a good hour then used a rag to geyt the soaked sponge out and mop up the WD40 that had run down the inside of the door, after putting the panel back on a few  days later it started to work ok again, I just kept spraying inside the catch every few weeks and never had a problem again, it's worth a try failling that a new lock but it's a pain to change

Thanks for the advice. I'll get a lock actuator ordered & try & fit it when i get a dry day.  Any good online suppliers? For the mk5 golf they seemed to be cheaper & more available

I think the  part number is 5J0839015 for the passenger rear on my 2010 fabia (built 03-2010) with central locking) . Could someone confirm please? I normally use 7zap  for the online parts diagrams but it seems you have to pay to subscribe now?

Cheers again