Cabin lights not coming on when I unlock the car.

Good afternoon all. 

For a while now , my lights do not come on when I remotely unlock the car. They don't come on when I open the doors either. I have to press the individual light switches to get them to work. 

Is this a fuse issue, or a wiring/sensor issue ?

Thank you.

As well as having individual light switches, my (albeit 2018) Golf has a separate switch in the overhead binnacle which stops the internal lights from coming on - as in, in the way you describe.  Not just switched off are they?

Gaz

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

These symptoms were a problem of the older generations of cars (MK2 Octavia, MK5 and MK6 Golf), it happened because the main board burnt out but would turn on manually.

If that is it, some have fixed the boards with varied results or a new light unit I think is in excess of £200. I replaced mine on my mk6 Golf before the Octavia and it's a DIY job. If you do repair/replace LED bulbs draw less power so make it less likely to burn out as quickly.