Off to the Karoq forum

After 46 months of pleasant luxury with the 272 L&K Superb I have gone mad and bought a 1.5 TSI Karoq Sportline. The L& K was great, very quick off the mark when required and fairly economical usually 32 Mpg and 40-ish on a run and carried any load easily. The Karoq took 2 x builders bags in one trip to the tip today.

Plus points - 44 Mpg without trying on my 10 mile commute and 52 Mpg on A road 30 + Mile trips. Sat higher up, the view is improved further at night by very good beam-shaping headlights, brighter and faster to change than the 272's beam-shapers. Nice sun roof, seats and comfy ride on 18" 50 profile tyres. 

Minus points. Rather less oomph than I have had for the first time since I my first Skoda in 2008.   No heated front screen, sound system is ok but the much slated Canton in the 272 sounded much better. The DSG box is not quite as smooth when decelerating, ie you sometimes feel it changing down.

The Karoq is well equipped and I have checked for hidden goodies using the latest OBD 11 App.  The only extra gizmo that I could have and wanted to activate was refuel quantity. The 272 has a hidden VRS speedo and lots more things to activate. 

• Confused 3

On 24/12/2023 at 00:37, gav_is_con said:

Is your Superb up for sale or part chopped for the new steed ?

On 24/12/2023 at 00:37, gav_is_con said:

Is your Superb up for sale or part chopped for the new steed ?

PX 

On 24/12/2023 at 01:41, ZacDaMan72 said:

How come the 1.5 and not the 2.0 190PS? I found the 2.0 TSI a good fit engine for the Karoq.

My driving requirements have changed. Most trips are mostly under 10 miles. Even where I live the traffic as grown to where it presents few opportunities for overtaking and making ground.  If I want some fun I can take my Kawasaki 1000 out for a ride. 

On 24/12/2023 at 06:03, MartiniB said:

+1

even Kodiaq is step down, but Karoq . .

Isn't a Kodiaq a jacked-up Superb? Horses for courses. I grew up being driven around in 1960 -1970 Jags so it's all been downhill since then. 😁