Reversing camera

wooly4228

5 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Well you see those in your wing mirrors...

I admire your ability to look at both mirrors at the same time.

Edited by Stonekeeper

• 1 month later...

Can I ask what is involved in fitting this AliExpress reverse cam? 

I reckon I can manage all the routing of cables and mounting of the camera, what about connecting to the display, where are all those connections placed. 

Done this on a conventional head unit, MX-5, different plugs etc, haven't even got the Kamiq yet to have a look, that's later this week.

Thanks.

If you get the SinoSmart one it is plug and play. You only have to feed cables to the Boot all the rest is done by the new loom

39 minutes ago, wooly4228 said:

If you get the SinoSmart one it is plug and play. You only have to feed cables to the Boot all the rest is done by the new loom

Sorry another question, where will I find the loom to plug this in? As mentioned I haven't got the car yet so in the dark, thanks 👍

If you get the SinoSmart one from Ali express it all comes with the camera it was I think £35 complete. All you have to do is open the box and everything you need is there

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

About to order this AliExpress reverse camera, a question once it's connected up, if you have them, what happens with the reverse sensors? I have them and they show in the display and obviously bleep, are these then disabled or do they still show on screen and sound?

Works perfectly.  Shows distance sensors. Sound works too.  There is an icon to turn it off.  And additional image settings - color, contrast... As in the original.

• Like 2