Parking sensors not working

Sam91

Could be the Buzzer not working. Somewhere in the rear of the car in the roof. (I think anyway)

On the top right of roof trim as you open the tailgate.

• Sad 1

Its under the roof lining, on the top right of roof trim as you open the tailgate.

You will need to remove side trims and lower roof lining on the right.

Well that's where my on is.

I haven't removed mine as my buzzer is working fine.

Edited by Carlodiesel

1 hour ago, Carlodiesel said:

Its under the roof lining, on the top right of roof trim as you open the tailgate.

You will need to remove side trims and lower roof lining on the right.

Well that's where my on is.

I haven't removed mine as my buzzer is working fine.

Here's me thinking the sound came from each individual speaker depending on the proximity.

FL - FR

RL - RR

You can test it via OBD. I just tried with VCDS on my Yeti and found that if you go into Module 10 then under Output Tests you can operate the speaker.
It gave me a constant tone, so not the normal beeping you get. On exiting Output Test the solid sound continues for a about another 5 seconds and then goes silent again.487472747_Screenshot2024-01-02144714.jpg.fd1fdb4e2c57709c59afe67227c6a275.jpgimage.jpeg.0c6106c9241b49d1eb6273239e01e604.jpeg

Also if you go into Advanced Measuring Values you can get readings off the 4 sensors. I attach an image as I reversed towards a wall.

Edited by aubrey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aubrey said:

You can test it via OBD. I just tried with VCDS on my Yeti and found that if you go into Module 10 then under Output Tests you can operate the speaker.
It gave me a constant tone, so not the normal beeping you get. On exiting Output Test the solid sound continues for a about another 5 seconds and then goes silent again.487472747_Screenshot2024-01-02144714.jpg.fd1fdb4e2c57709c59afe67227c6a275.jpgimage.jpeg.0c6106c9241b49d1eb6273239e01e604.jpeg

Also if you go into Advanced Measuring Values you can get readings off the 4 sensors. I attach an image as I reversed towards a wall.

From your garage fault screen photo it does appear your sounder or wiring to it is faulty. I'd expect you'd find the output test also produces no audible response.

These may help in your investigation.

Screenshot_20240102_195254_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240102_200126_Drive.jpg

• Like 1