ERROR Visit workshop, leave vehicle in P

Hi all,

The dreaded fault of leave vehicle in P has popped up on my mk3 fabia. I owned an MK7 golf and an S3 8V and I know it’s a very common fault amongst the MQB chassis. The car is out of warranty and I’m more the capable of repairing it myself if it’s just a switch mechanism

My only concern is that I’ve seen 2 completely different part numbers for the repair part number:

3Q0713128 and 5Q0713128

I cant seem to see the difference between the two parts as they both look compatible with the DQ200 Gearbox which mine has, except there is a £50 price difference.

I have seen many Octavia and Superb threads about this topic but barely any Fabia ones.

The car still drives fine and sometimes whilst driving the fault disappears from the dash and might randomly appear whilst driving.

Any help is appreciated :)

OFF Topic Warning

@Rooted sorry I wasn't able to PM this to you so have put it below for you (and anyone else).

Updated petrol list, ethanol free seems to be no more, for those on the list at least.

petrol.pdf

Edited by nta16
  • Thanks 1

There might still be Ethanol free, it is just that it could be up to 5% Bi-ethanol.

But then there is nothing wrong with that with a Turbo, 

all about the octane with the petrol, and the 97 or 99 is minimum.

Yesterday in Aberdeen i was unable to get GULF Endurance Super Diesel as they have not been able to get deliveries.

The Gulf station 1/2 a mile from home is normally where i get it an i hope they have it in for the next fill up.

(A nice new forecourt in an new pumps.)

Edited by Rooted
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rooted said:

There might still be Ethanol free, it is just that it could be up to 5% Bi-ethanol.

Not enough details for me to see anything obvious quickly on the company sites and I don't have enough interest now to contact the companies but if you find anything it's only a matter of conformation and editing a MS Word.x doc and saving as pdf to get it on here.

Edited by nta16

Apologies after doing some more research.

You will need to lift the gear gator trim, if the gear housing is WHITE then you will need 3Q0713128, if its a BLACK housing then you will need 5Q0713128A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/01/2024 at 20:00, pxul said:

3Q0713128 and 5Q0713128

The first three characters in a VW part number indicate what car platform it fits.

So you might have the same part that fits on different car platforms.

EG '1S0' indicate the Skoda Citigo, VW UP and Seat MI platform.

HTH

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread with lots of frustration. Managed to get the black switch replacement plugged everything in and works as it should. When I attempt to seat the gear surround (that houses the PRNDL) fascia it trips out and pushes the new switch slightly out of place.

I have tried to shift the whole centre console back a bit so there’s more clearance towards the back of the selector housing. And ensured the switch is fully pressed in when it’s back in P. Also all 4 of those metal braces are seated and the grub screw tightened. Everytime the trim panel goes on it doesn’t make contact with the switch anymore

Anyone faced a similar issue? There isn’t nowhere near enough space on the Fabia compared to the Octavia for the replacement switch to sit comfortably and I feel like everytime the trim panel pushes down into its place, it slightly knocks the new switch out. Not allowing it to recognise Park.