Update on coolant pressure

Morning peeps

been having issues with over pressurisation for a few months,, try head gasket sealer didn’t work,, test came back positive for it 

so i decided to change thermostat, auxiliary pump and radiator just in case one of these where at fault,,

well done hinge didn’t go according to plan hahaha. What a nightmare changing thermostat,, 4 hours to get to it and change and about 6 hours in total do the full job. 
anyway flushed out the pipes best as I could bleed system (so I thought) took it for a spin all seemed good until I plugged my reader in and did live data 109 degrees it said,, got home expansion tank water was bouncing due to it boiling,, tried bleeding exactly the same. So took everything back off the next day fitted the old thermostat back on, ( checked it worked) and filled back up bleed it (another 4 hours) and finally everything was back to normal apart from it still pressurises 😡,, but at least I can drive it just have to release pressure every morning still. 
I did check the thermostat before it went in and it did open whilst in a pan of boiling water but not when I poured kettle in it. So maybe it was faulty from the get go,, 

my next thing to replace is the EGR cooler as people have said this could be an issue with pressure and gases being shown in coolant 🤷🏻‍♂️,, getting a bit fed up now just chucking money at it try to solve this issue 

my car never overheats I don’t add any coolant no smoke from exhaust but she over pressurises,, as far as I can tell all air is out,, couple of the little pipes that go back to tank were blocked so cleaned em out,, flushed system best as I could and she still does it.
thanks for listening to me moaning 🤣,, but I’ll post up when I change cooler and hope that it cures my issue then at least if anyone else has this issue they can maybe try what I’ve done 

thanks peeps 

1 hour ago, pikpilot said:

What fault diagnostic codes are present now?

P2015 and P20 something or other which is turbo actuator 

changed the inlet a while back and fitted the little mod clip thing 

• 1 month later...

Hi Hardy. Did you get anywhere with this? Mine has a similar sounding issue except the heater isn’t working as well. 

6 minutes ago, jr6973 said:

Hi Hardy. Did you get anywhere with this? Mine has a similar sounding issue except the heater isn’t working as well. 

Hi sorry not updated it anymore yet,,

But I have since changed coolant, expansion tank, radiator didn’t change the matrix as it was really awkward,, I did a complete flush as best as I could by holding pipes and covering holes so water would flush engine and the matrix,,there are 2 hoses that I think have a one way valve in (both mine were blocked)I’ll  add a photo,, these 2 pipes helped me no end as I wasn’t getting any water overflowing into the top of the expansion tank thus I think keep an airlock in the system,, the flush out and radiator change in my opinion seriously helped as I now have only a slight pressure in the system and don’t even bother to release it every morning as it stays the same pressure if I leave it one day or a week, pipe 23 goes to top of radiator and to a plastic part down the right hand side of engine then from the tee piece back to expansion tank these 2 pipes are definitely worth checking to see if they are blocked 

I just took one pipe off and tried to blow down it both ways and it was blocked so I just whacked it on the floor a few time and a load of gunk flew out. Oh I have now always got heat in the cabin,, although barring flushing I didn’t do anything specific for the matrix IMG_5504.thumb.jpeg.7b7436190cc4e6ad13d6775645fff582.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hardy1812 said:

just took one pipe off and tried to blow down it both ways and it was blocked so I just whacked it on the floor a few time and a load of gunk flew out.

And did you wonder where that might have come from?

On 04/01/2024 at 07:02, Hardy1812 said:

try head gasket sealer didn’t work,

💡

On 04/01/2024 at 07:02, Hardy1812 said:

test came back positive for it 

I presume that you mean a sniff tester for combustion gases, it sounds like an EGR cooler leak as a leaking head gasket would get worse and quickly overpressurise the system, it sounds like you have the problem under control and can live with it for the moment.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

And did you wonder where that might have come from?

💡

I presume that you mean a sniff tester for combustion gases, it sounds like an EGR cooler leak as a leaking head gasket would get worse and quickly overpressurise the system, it sounds like you have the problem under control and can live with it for the moment.

I did wonder about the sealer,, but when I first bought the car after a month I changed the gearbox oil and a week later I did the coolant (have and always will change all fluids when I buy a car) because it was the first time I noticed the pressure issue but car was warm and it was under a lot of pressure and spat coolant,, but I could never see a jet of water going back into expansion so assume it always had this issue way back when I bought it,, it just never dawned on me it had an issue until like I said it spat it out after been stood for a couple of days

EGR cooler was mentioned by a few friends as a possibility and is on my todo list but as I said I never put any coolant in unless I took cap off to fast and it spat it out. 

yes it is kinda under control but I need to sort turbo actuator as that’s a major issue now and inlet bank 1 (P2015),, feel like scrapping sometimes but it still makes me smile plus it’s still cold and I hate working on cars when it’s cold 🤣🤣,,