Leaky door seal

I’ve noticed the last few heavy rain storms that water ends up sitting on top of the door seal (on the chassis) of my drivers side rear 🙈 i’ve given it all a clean and a good splattering of gummi pflege but no luck sadly.

I’m assuming it’s leaking in somewhere higher and running down but yet to discover where. It’s not bad enough yet to wet the carpets. It looks like a new door seal isn’t very expensive, but is it as simple as i hope to replace? Just pull off the old one and slowly push the new one in (occasionally swearing to give some encouragement of course)?

If it's anything like the earlier Fabia's it'll be the inner door carrier seal that is leaking...   rain and the like drains internally into the door between the outer bodywork and an inner door skin / carrier behind the door trim.  The inner skin / carrier is normally sealed against the rest of the door by a foam sealing strip around the edge but this deteriorates and then causes water to run between the it and the door trim, down onto the top of the door seal and the into the footwell.  The solution is to take the door trim off and re-seal the lower section of the inner door carrier / skin to the rest of the door using something like gutter sealant or plumbers gold.

• Like 1

I had one of the og fabia VRS’s and i’m familiar with that one for sure. Remember getting covered in black weatherproofing sealant lying on the driveway lol I haven’t noticed it being wet under the door trim panels this time, i did check there by running some tissue underneath. Not to say it didn’t dry though before i noticed it and its only been a small amount so far. I was hoping Skoda would have learnt over the years about such a poor design but maybe not. I’ll make sure to check after the next downpour. 

• Like 1

Great thread

To those of us who have resolved this I for one would greatly appreciate a step by step guide (hopefully with photos) of the re-sealing process