Is this a special edition of some kind

As much as anything I was just interested to know. It's coming up at auction a 2016 1.6 TDI 110 SE. Looking to replace my Fabia TDI with something. This car has 79000 miles so probably a bit higher than I'd like. As I say, was just interested to know re the wheels and black trim. Interior looks bog standard.

TIA

octavia1.JPG

octavia2.JPG

Edited by silver50

Thanks. Black pack available then? I'm certainly not an expert (and what you're saying sounds right) but I thought possibly only available for facelift cars.

39 minutes ago, silver50 said:

Thanks. Black pack available then? I'm certainly not an expert (and what you're saying sounds right) but I thought possibly only available for facelift cars.

No worries! Yes, my vrs is 2014 with a black pack. Cheers!

I've seen that car knocking around before - DND.  A West End Skoda car.  I think it is either an SE or SE-L spec car.  I'm not so sure about the Black Edition, because those came with black air-grill surround (at least on VRS Black editions they did); I suspect that somebody just changed out the rims.

It’s just an SE 1.6 TDI. Funnily enough I thought the grill ought to be black if a blacked out model. I suppose the grill might’ve been changed due to damage or whatever. 

I quite like the look of it but I’m a bit on the fence with the 79k miles. I’d probably prefer a bit lower because I’m willing to spend a bit to replace my Mk1 TDI estate. 

In many ways would like another Fabia but it’s a great pity mostly only wheezy engines in recent years, and no VRS.

Edited by silver50

They didn’t come with a black grill, oddly enough. Details are in the link I posted. Including a pic of an Octavia with a chrome grill. 

But yeah it is down as just an SE. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by SC03OTT

79k miles is nothing for a 66 plate car. 1.6tdi is good for double/treble that as long as it's been looked after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

They didn’t come with a black grill, oddly enough. Details are in the link I posted. Including a pic of an Octavia with a chrome grill. 

But yeah it is down as just an SE. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aha I didn’t see the pictures further down. Odd choice showing black cars. Doesn’t exactly accentuate the black bits!

• Like 1