Stop/Start change switch operation ?

Hello, SS is like marmite, love it or hate it. I'm a hate it,mine's a DSG which I think are worse.

Anyway.... I heard that it may be possible to reverse the switch operation so off is the default. If poss would this have to be with vcds ?

This I admit is pure lazyness on my part, having to remember to switch it off every time is very tiring .

I have set the battery voltage low enough for SS with VCDS to disable it to engage. Permanently off. Have not even tried if the switch will turn it (temporarily) back.

I read about the method you used. I'd rather have the choice to still have the on/off  option.

In the old days it would be easy, just swap the wires on the back of the switch but now they are pre wired with a block connector.

Well bless Youtube, there are a wiring harness and even easier, a obd device which will both remember the last switch position.

Whether these are available in the UK and for your specific vehicle, especially year needs more Googling.

I'll just keep pressing the OFF button every start.  It's automatic.

Must be Soooooo many thousand times in the past few years since I'm on my 3rd Kodiaq, plus 2 VWs

6 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Thanks for your reply. Have you fitted one of these ? Looking around there seems to be a few of these claiming to be for a Kodiaq but look very different.

Unfortunately there is no specific info as to model and year.

24 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

I'll just keep pressing the OFF button every start.  It's automatic.

Must be Soooooo many thousand times in the past few years since I'm on my 3rd Kodiaq, plus 2 VWs

Ha ha, yes, I did admit this is total lazyness on my part.

20 hours ago, arthurmo said:

Thanks for your reply. Have you fitted one of these ? Looking around there seems to be a few of these claiming to be for a Kodiaq but look very different.

Unfortunately there is no specific info as to model and year.

Can you explain, with pictures?

Multiple sellers sell different product by different makers so it’s not unreasonable for them to have minor visual differences. Just make sure to look at reviews. 

The cable you posted was single with 2 plugs. The other is 2 cables and 4 plugs. I'm not understanding the claim that there is no difference, unless I'm missing something. They both only state they are for a Kodiaq.

Call me a girls blouse but I'm reluctant to mess with the canbus system if I'm not 100% sure I've the correct part.

Many thanks for your replies and help