Buying advice for a Kamiq

flyingguy

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a Kamiq circa 2-4 years old, most I'm looking at have been between 8k-25k mileage, 1 owner, FSH etc. Budget around the 15k mark, and wanted to get the DSG model. Any suggestions of what to look for, what to avoid etc? I saw on that was a 2020 model with only 8k miles, yet around the same price to buy a 21 or 22 model with 25k miles. Wondering if a lot might be ex-rental, I know they are legally meant to advise you but at this stage just been looking at autotrader. Would like the SE L spec if possible but SE would suffice. Any pointers or suggestions greatly appreciated.

If you can go for the Monte Carlo, quite a bit less grandad looking than the other specs.

Seriously though, it’s the nicest looking Kamiq you can get, but i appreciate that this is subjective.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2024 at 20:37, carefree said:

If you can go for the Monte Carlo, quite a bit less grandad looking than the other specs.

Seriously though, it’s the nicest looking Kamiq you can get, but i appreciate that this is subjective.

That for me was a double edged sword.

Love the exterior of the MC but not the biggest fan of the interior design. Don't hate it don't love it.

Ours is a 1.0L DSG 110 PS SE Drive. 

It's fine and sports mode is there if you need it and makes an appreciable difference but thats the trouble of sharing with SWMBO as I would have gone for the 1.5L. That said, I'm still enjoying it for what it is.

2-4 years old may effect standard equipment. Ours is brand new this year and no scrolling indicators and no illuminated stalks or vanity mirrors for example. I think some of the older versions were better spec'd.

Edited by Stoker