Loss of power / stop start fault

Hi, I was accelerating onto a motorway and without notice the injector warning light started flashing, I lost power and was limited to about 60 mph. I pulled over on the hard shoulder and switched the car off. The display on the dashboard said start stop system fault. I restarted the car and everything was fine. I've got a 2014 octavia.

Good morning, welcome to the forum.

The Stop Start fault is probably a red herring - you will need to get the fault codes read from the cars diagnostic port. The stop start report will almost certainly be a consequence of some error in engine operation.

I dont think there is such a thing as an injector warning light, what notice do you think you should have been given?

What is your question or request of the forum?

Hi, I've attached a picture of the light that was flashing. 

I've got a 2.0 diesel with a DSG 'box.

The only mod I've had done was I had the engine remapped almost 2 years ago to about 190 bhp and have done several thousand miles since. Thanks

received_1108599446822117.jpeg

That coil light can come on for many reasons.  Start stop failing could be a failing battery. Suggest you get the battery and alternator checked out first.

3 hours ago, Mbeeson943 said:

I am wondering if anyone has had thus fault before and what did they do to fix it. Thanks.

The indicator lamp will be lit up in response to one or more of scores of potential fault codes, the very first thing that you should do is to have the fault codes scanned, even a cheap generic OBDII reader should give you a code(s) that causes the MIL light to illuminate, asking what problems others had is pointless unless you like playing parts bingo.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1