LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS VRS 2013

hi everyone, I have recently changed my numberplate lights to LED and I have noticed that the yellow warning light has come on dashboard. I do have vcds software, but I’m not quite sure how to turn the light off using this software so if anyone knows how to knock this light off, that will be a big help thanks (skoda Fabia vrs 2013) 

IMG_4268.jpeg

IMG_4273.jpeg

You can't turn it off using VCDS, you can turn it off by fitting normal bulbs back into your number plate lights.

The only people interested in your number plate visibility are the uniformed idiots chauffeuring ANPR camera cars around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been told by several people that you can turn that light off on the dashboard using vcds but I’m not quite sure on how to do it so if you know anyone that would be very grateful thanks

1 hour ago, jake_d2024 said:

I have been told by several people that you can turn that light off on the dashboard using vcds but I’m not quite sure on how to do it so if you know anyone that would be very grateful thanks

You were given incorrect information, it can't be done using VCDS. Sorry.

6 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

You were given incorrect information, it can't be done using VCDS. Sorry

so how can it do done with a £70 software but not with vcds it’s gotta be a way to solve it using vcds surely thanks again 

You may not be aware, but at the present times LED exterior lights of any kind (including number plate lights) are illegal in the UK in units not specifically designed and certified for LEDs. I would swap back to standard bulbs and save the hassle.

If you do succeed in switching the dashboard light out that will stop it operating for any lamp failure, not a great move.

• Like 1

I have actually been dazzled by the reflection from an LED light off the number plate, not only was it bright enough to cause discomfort but it was a white reflected light which is illegal, I thought initially that the shroud was missing but no, it was so stupidly bright that it was reflecting rearwards.

Not quite as stupid as the muppet that had fitted it.

Its high time the Vehicle C&U regulations were amended so that light output is stated in lumens and not watts, its pointless in this day and age to say that a rear number plate light must be no more than 5 watts or headlights 55 watts etc, all of them can be blinding with LED bulbs at a fraction of those currents.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jake_d2024 said:

I have recently changed my numberplate lights to LED and I have noticed that the yellow warning light has come on dashboard.

Deja vu ;) . I literally yesterday pointed out that LED bulbs show up as failed because they don't have sufficient resistance to show as working in the bulb monitor.

Just now, Paws4Thot said:

Deja vu ;) . I literally yesterday pointed out that LED bulbs show up as failed because they don't have sufficient resistance to show as working in the bulb monitor

It’s fine, don’t worry about it now I have found a video that turns the light out on the dashboard 

18 hours ago, jake_d2024 said:

It’s fine, don’t worry about it now I have found a video that turns the light out on the dashboard 

interesting...............care to share ? did it work........

For what it's worth, there "may" be a setting to turn off bulb failure warning (not 100% sure and have not checked yet) , but that would then disable all warnings, not just for these number plate lights "if" the setting exists.

23 hours ago, J.R. said:

I have actually been dazzled by the reflection from an LED light off the number plate, not only was it bright enough to cause discomfort but it was a white reflected light which is illegal, I thought initially that the shroud was missing but no, it was so stupidly bright that it was reflecting rearwards.

Not quite as stupid as the muppet that had fitted it.

Its high time the Vehicle C&U regulations were amended so that light output is stated in lumens and not watts, its pointless in this day and age to say that a rear number plate light must be no more than 5 watts or headlights 55 watts etc, all of them can be blinding with LED bulbs at a fraction of those currents.

don't worry, probably cheap bulbs from china Fleabay and they will go REALLY bright and flicker then fail within a few weeks anyway !!🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

don't worry, probably cheap bulbs from china Fleabay and they will go REALLY bright and flicker then fail within a few weeks anyway !!🤣

i’ve sorted it now i got bulbs from a branded website and they work fine without light on dashboard