Massaging seat problem

I've got a vrs phev with massaging seats. It has had some issues with cable getting loose or something.

Anyone else had this issue? Mines has some wire harness replaced and still same issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2023 at 00:16, Danayess said:

Hi all - I know it’s a bit of a first world problem but here it is:

I updated the software in my Mk4 VRS Petrol (if that makes any difference) yesterday. Now the HUD doesn’t work and is displaying a ‘Sorry this function is unavailable’ message when I try to change any of the settings within the Vehicle menu.

Is this happening to anyone else? I’m happy if it is a brief glitch which will be repaired by another update but if not I’ll need to book the car into the garage (yet again - it’s not the most reliable VRS I’ve ever had (my 2012 is still running like a steam train)). 

How did you know the cable was loose? Or in other words what were the symptoms that made you think it was a problem?

I've noticed my massage function turns off after about 15 minutes but that's by design.

But I had noticed a few error codes to say the massage pneumatic motor was overheating. Still seems to function fine for me though.

On 16/02/2024 at 03:35, aaaaplay said:

How did you know the cable was loose? Or in other words what were the symptoms that made you think it was a problem?

I've noticed my massage function turns off after about 15 minutes but that's by design.

But I had noticed a few error codes to say the massage pneumatic motor was overheating. Still seems to function fine for me though.

They told me and i even got a picture showing me that one wire was off from the connector. 

At first my seat stopped having the easy access feature, where the seat would move when i enter/exit vehicle. Same time i was unable use or save memory positions. It's been at the shop for 6 times because of this issue. 

For couple of times, the seat has even driven itself to forward position without me interacting with it. Once i opened the door, and the seat started to move forward. Goin to the shop again in few weeks.

36 Driver Seat
        System description: MEM-FS
        Software number: 5WA959760H
        Software version: 0362
        Hardware number: 5WA959760H
        Hardware version: 009

Faults:
                B135154 - Lumbar support height adjustment motor
            No basic setting
                static
                    Priority - 4 
                Malfunction frequency counter - 1 
                Unlearning counter - 18 

B135929 - Lumbar support height adjustment sensor
            Implausible signal
                static
                    Priority - 4 
                Malfunction frequency counter - 1 
                Unlearning counter - 18 

• 1 month later...

Finally i've got news that factory announced new cable for the seat. It was too short so the movement of the seat kept ripping it off the connector.

• Groan 1

7 hours ago, timster said:

Finally i've got news that factory announced new cable for the seat. It was too short so the movement of the seat kept ripping it off the connector.

Do you know if this will be released as a TPI to dealers?