Bi-Xenon Headlamp Degradation

Schtum

I've just taken delivery of a pair of OSRAM Xenarc Night Breaker Laser NextGen D3S +220% Brighter bulbs today - c. £144 on eBay.  

However, that may not the complete answer to why the Bi-Xenons in my Yeti aren't a patch on what they were when I bought the car 4 years and 22k miles ago.

Do you have Dim Low Beam from your Projector Headlights?

• Like 2

Over time xenon lamps degrade and start to give off a yellowish or pinkish hue. Pot holes and vibrations can take their toll on life span as can using the coming/ leaving home function. 

19 hours ago, Schtum said:

Brighter bulbs today - c. £144 on eBay.  

So in LIGHT of your info, are you returning the ebay bulbs & fitting new projectors???

1 hour ago, Carlodiesel said:

So in LIGHT of your info, are you returning the ebay bulbs & fitting new projectors???

No, I've not yet investigated the state of the reflectors.  I'll do that first. Then, I'll probably try cleaning the projector lenses and fit the bulbs.  If that doesn't offer a significant improvement, I'll need to think what to do about the projector reflectors.

You can never have too much light out here in the countryside at night.  I've got some uprated Halogen bulbs to go in as well and I had been thinking about a Lazer light bar. 

Edited by Schtum

• 1 month later...

Put all this stuff to garbage.Buy a pair of  Bi-led projetctors.

No ballast,instant bright,crazy light.I retrofit my skoda fabia with a pair of  Taochis classic bi led 3 inch..Cost about 130 euros.If you see the power of  light ,the cuttof of beam like a laser ,and he wide of light right to lef you cant believe it.

Also i have a Audi tt mK1 with burned reflectors,i change it to synolin 3 inch xenon projector and the light is not good like the bi-led.Soon i post the retrofit to see photos.