Pre-fl bi-xenon vs fl matrix side by side

Hi. Does anyone have some side by side pictures of the older xenon vs newer matrix led lights? Interested in the mounting holes and overall dimensions 

5 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

They mount up no problem.

The bumper, wings and wiring is completely different though 

Isn’t the bonnet a bit different too?

6 hours ago, ApertureS said:

Some side by sides for you ;) 

IMG_9282.thumb.JPEG.fedd92bf089d2120823bd3eb95f41942.JPEG

I notice the pre-facelift is missing the foglight cover thingy on the right side.

26 minutes ago, JR RS said:

I notice the pre-facelift is missing the foglight cover thingy on the right side.

It’s in the boot, I caught it just before it fell off and got lost on a road somewhere.

Wont be refitting permanently until the bumper gets painted :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ApertureS said:

IMG_9284.thumb.JPEG.1c447044039fc17dd1569fcd643e3938.JPEGIMG_9282.thumb.JPEG.fedd92bf089d2120823bd3eb95f41942.JPEG

Thanks! Didn't even realise they are also going up to the radiator grille now. 

Btw, do you know what's inside the honeycomb piece in the pre-fl headlights? Haven't seen mine light up or move at all

8 hours ago, ApertureS said:

IMG_9284.thumb.JPEG.1c447044039fc17dd1569fcd643e3938.JPEGIMG_9282.thumb.JPEG.fedd92bf089d2120823bd3eb95f41942.JPEG

Hi Elliott

Thought I recognised my car 😁

Just wanted to say thanks and to give you a SHOUT OUT on the forum for another great job, delivered as quoted, on time and in budget. I couldn't be more pleased

..................and here you are, a few hours later already helping out the next guy who needs it. Well done and thank you, happy to recommend !👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mike21sport said:

Hi Elliott

Thought I recognised my car 😁

Just wanted to say thanks and to give you a SHOUT OUT on the forum for another great job, delivered as quoted, on time and in budget. I couldn't be more pleased

..................and here you are, a few hours later already helping out the next guy who needs it. Well done and thank you, happy to recommend !👍

Is he the sk retrofits guy on fb? 

• Like 1

Well, he's booked out for now. I'm glad i hear only good things about him while i wait for my turn though!

Out of curiosity, what work were you in for?

Edited by Athrx
Add a question

After the recent freeze, heated rear seats and heated washer jets, all original kit, coded etc plus a quick coding job on the Day Light running to include the rear lamps. I had to wait for my slot as well, worth the wait 😁 

• Thanks 1

Is there a toggle option for heated jets? I have the rest from factory but i can't find anything to be sure they're heated and working. 

Btw, if you have the eyelashes, they can be coded to also be always on

No toggle, they turn on automatically when the -4deg frost warning lights up on the dash, You'll know next time you're below freezing and they work (providing you have the right mix in the washer bottle)

Yes, thought about the lashes, not sure I like the look, more interested in the safety of having the rear properly lit up

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Athrx said:

Thanks! Didn't even realise they are also going up to the radiator grille now. 

Btw, do you know what's inside the honeycomb piece in the pre-fl headlights? Haven't seen mine light up or move at all

yes, the facelift headlights r wider, hence they go up to the grille now, whereas on the pre-facelift, there was the bumper trim in between.

as for the inside crystal honeycomb looking thingy - it doesn't do anything.  tis just for show.