Dashcam install

Ok so ive installed a viofo wm1 with their official hardwire kit. 

Battery wire goes to fuse 40, ignition wire goes to 47 and its grounded. 

Working fine but the camera does not switch off. Im confident its been fitted correctly and has to be just a setting needing adjusted

Anybody know what it could be. 

IMG_20240212_192838.jpg

I don't know that camera, does it have parking mode and need a permanent 12v supply?

Not sure why there's two connections. I only remember fitting one for my camera, not on an ignition side fuse, so it's permanently feed, for parking mode.

Yes it has two wires, battery and accessory. 

Ive enabled parking mode but i assumed the camera would still turn off with ignition then if there was motion or impact it would record. 

I personnaly would leave the ingniton Fuse alone. Don't tamper with anything that has to do with the car running.

Plug yourself on the cigarette lighter Fuse instead, it is permanent.

If you want After ignition then go for the rear wiper Fuse (what I did)

Well it sounds correct as you say then. What parking modes do you have?

Does it speak that's it's gone to parking mode when you turn the ignition off, after a minute or so?

I'm not familiar with that model, just basing it on mine and what it does.

I liked the look of the Viofo WM1, it sits behind my mirror, you can barely see it. Good camera, although lacks a few features you get in higher end cameras. 

I think it is actually working as it should, it didnt record anything overnight and when i left for work this morning it began recording. 

So the camera is active at all times, you can connect to the camera even if ignition is off so maybe thats normal. 

Anyway ill keep an eye on it and ive jump cables in the boot if my battery dies. 

Use Fuse 47 for the Rear wiper.  That is a switched accessory and therefore - your camera will turn off after the ignition has been turned off.

It should go into a more shut down state for parking modr, pulling power from your permanent feed as fuse 47 will go 0v. It should monitor the battery voltage and cut the feed if it drops below your setpoint, maybe something like 12.4v

When you start the car, it should see the 12v from fuse 47 and jump into life, constant loop recording etc...

Yes thats what ive set it to. Ive also noticed a small light on the dash cam, its solid red which indicates recordings, then when i switch ignition off it blinks red which means stops recording. 

So its definitely working as it should. Id say its not good for the battery but if ive any issues ill just turn off parking mode

It'll only drain it to the setpoint you set.

Some cams have separate batteries, which they'll use in parking mode.

But ive seen a few pictures of them catching fire, so I'm a bit dubious of using them.

Yes, it's not good to constant drain the battery, but it's a small drain and I'd rather catch someone hit my car.