Cylinder 1 and 4 intermittent misfire

TBvrs

Hello all,

I have a 2007 petrol octavia vrs estate. Over the last couple of weeks, it's developed the above mentioned intermittent issue. Everytime I get to put it on Odis its cleared itself typically. Coil packs and plugs were changed about 18 months ago. Tried swapping one over when it was dicking about last, and the code didn't move. Used NGK packs and plugs, so decent quality. Only tests I've managed to do whilst it's been faulting, is ignition test, although this doesn't simulate under load, but tested OK. PCV changed in between issues,because I had it, and been meaning to change it for a while. Its just faulted again tonight, so if it's still faulting tomorrow, I'll try and get a look again. Only codes are the P0301 and 04, for the two cylinder misfires. 

Anyone had any intermittent issue like this before?

As it's generally quite here you might be better asking on, or doing a Search in, Skoda Octavia Mk II (2004 - 2013) - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/28-skoda-octavia-mk-ii-2004-2013/

Being a VRS is it spark plug sensitive, wants certain number NGK, I assume all the petrol MK2 Octavias VRS have the same engine type.

If you've got ODIS doesn't it record number of misfires, perhaps a full readout and Search or post in 'Diagnostics & VCDS' but again it tends to be quiet there too. - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-amp-vcds/

HTH, good luck.