New start/stop Yuasa battery not recognised.......Octavia 2 Bolero will only play with running engine despite new battery. Why ?

I have a 2012 Octavia 2 Greenline 1.6 Tdi. It has been very reliable since I bought it in 2013.  The Varta battery is original, which impresses everyone no end.   I would buy another Octavia.
Recently, however, I have been surprised  by some irritating 'bongs' & 5 days ago the CD player asked for the engine to be started to save the battery.  It then shut itself off.

In view of the battery age, I had another stop/start battery fitted (Yuasa £220) yesterday, but this did not satisfy the cd player because it still shuts itself off & the bongs continue.
The start/stop stopped 3 yrs ago & my garage said it was due to low battery voltage (?) I didn't miss it.  I did, however, expect it to resume working with the new battery, but it hasn't.

I rang a local Hendy Skoda for some quick technical help.  I asked if I could talk to someone about the cd player problem in my Octavia.....'No' the answering female voice said, 'I only have 2 techs in & they are hours behind as it is'.  She didn't even asked if I was a Hendy customer........!

I was shocked to get such a brusque brush-off from a local Skoda dealer, and I am hoping someone here at BriSkoda can come up with some answers to put things right.

26 minutes ago, TerenceWallis said:

In view of the battery age, I had another stop/start battery fitted (Yuasa £220)

Has the new battery been "coded in" to the car so that systems know it's a new battery and not the old Varta?

• Like 1

Hello......thanks for your quuick answer.  No coding went on that I could see. I watched him take the old one out & just replace & connect the new Yuasa.  I drove off to give them space for an incoming vehicle & discovered the problem had not gone away.    Can you explain coding & how it's done ?