Front wipers not working

Hi all new to the group thank you for having me I have read a few relating to the same issue to no avail front wiper not working  replaced motor that tested fine found a broken wire that I have now fixed still not working I can't hear any clicking relays etc the washer still works fine iv probed the wire with a probe tester an put power to the wire and it worked so I'm pretty stumped now any advice is muchly appreciated!

Hello damong :hi:

Welcome to Brisky.  I can't really help with the wiper issue (although I'd suspect a fuse, relay (as you have) or the multi-column switch), but I'll ask a mod to move this to the Octavia 2 fora, where you're likely to get more informed replies.

Gaz 

Oh thank you guys sorry im new to all this not sure on my way around yet haha yeah I'm unsure in which relay I should be checking but I tested all under the dash with multi metre and as far as you tube goes I think they are OK 🤣 the broken wire was after the relays etc so I thought I'd still hear a relay or something but nothing haha

If I remember the wipers dont work if the bonnet is open on my 58plate mk2. There is a switch somewhere which may have failed or jammed?? I think mine is under the latch mechanism. Its not easy to get to but perhaps a spray of wd40 might solve it

Alasdair

11 hours ago, Alasdair1 said:

If I remember the wipers dont work if the bonnet is open on my 58plate mk2. There is a switch somewhere which may have failed or jammed?? I think mine is under the latch mechanism. Its not easy to get to but perhaps a spray of wd40 might solve it

Alasdair

Yeah I thought that at first but the washer was still working but I did try that I cut the wires and joined them together still didn't change anything also when I plug my carista in it says motor not getting power and just suggest broken wire or fuse fixed broken wire and fuse was fine I'm going to run a direct live and see what happens.